Requisition ID: 46785
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Administrative Specialist will perform office functions such as setting up and maintaining files; interviewing callers and making proper referrals; arranging meetings and conferences; and receiving, referring, or answering mail. Reviews drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answers questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gathers, compiles and reports on information relevant to supervisor's assignment.
- Prepares and formats reports, memos, correspondence and forms.
- Assists employees with travel arrangements including transportation and hotel accommodations. Processes travel expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares purchase requisitions following through approval process and delivery of material.
- Schedules meetings and reserves conference rooms. Coordinates and supports certain meetings including obtaining clearances and badging for visitors. Sets up conference rooms and arranges necessary equipment is in place, and the briefers are trained on the equipment use.
- Orders office supplies. Monitors printers and copiers for supplies and maintenance.
- May organize, provide, and coordinate incoming and outcoming mail and shipments
- Coordinate new user account requests for classified accounts
- Assists with handling customer ticket requests
- handles file transfers from unclassified systems to classified systems
- Conducts New User Briefings for individuals requesting classified accounts
- Privileged user requests, signed agreements, and training verification
- Track that the Aerospace user data is updated/correct in customer databases
- Review McAfee DLP alerts on ASENet and AeroNet
- Facilitate with system moves and new requests (class/unclass)
- Handle the tracking of ASENet non-compliant user training
- Handle prohibited items security incidents
- Other duties as required
- 8-10 years of relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Must have a TS/ SSBI security clearance
- TS/SSBI with CI Poly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Typing and proofreading skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to represent the company favorably to customers and visitors
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Knowledge omf corporate policies, practices, travel and procurement
Additional Requisition Details
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
All Aerospace employees working in organizations with technical responsibilities are required to apply for and maintain at least a Secret clearance. U.S. citizenship is required for those positions.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reviewThe Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter andthe supplement, as well as thePay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Security Clearance, Aerospace, Laboratory, Procurement, Secret Clearance, Government, Aviation, Operations, Science
Back to top