2020 Communication and Network Systems Engineer - AMTS
Requisition ID: 47742
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation's Network Systems Department (NSD) is seeking an entry level Communication and Network Systems Engineer in the areas Space and Ground network architecture definition, network requirements analysis & development, networking modeling and simulation, network performance analysis, and mission management system development. The Network Systems Department is a component of the Communication and Network Architectures Subdivision within the Communication Technologies and Engineering Division. NSD supports Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other US Government, and Civil/Commercial customers in the design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and anomaly resolution of space and ground communication networks.
You will play a vital role in supporting multi-disciplinary teams in the development of complex Space and Ground network systems to ensure mission objectives are achieved. This is an entry-level position for anyone who is interested in learning and developing strong technical knowledge in full Space and Ground network systems development lifecycle.
- Participate in various network systems engineering tasks and projects through network systems architecture, development, analysis, modeling & simulation, integration & test, and prototype development/validation
- Support development of innovative concepts and algorithms in supporting areas of network/mission management systems, network routing, network mobility, network performance/reliability analysis, traffic modeling, software-defined networking, network protocols, network resiliency, and network security
- Develop presentations and reports to clearly communicate with internal and external customers
- Participate in special projects and research & development (R&D) projects to develop the next generation of Space and Ground network concepts, architectures, and technologies
- Utilize network simulation and emulation testbeds to investigate new technologies and assess system performance
- Support sustainment and development of core network simulation, emulation, and modeling capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university
- 0-1 years of professional experience
- Proficiency in multiple software languages
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, network analysis methods and tools, network protocols, and emerging technologies
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, effective communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Ability to obtain a security clearance which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Advanced technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university
- Experience in Python, Matlab, and/or C/C++
- Basic knowledge of routers/switches, virtual servers, and cloud computing
- Basic knowledge network protocols including TCP/IP, IPsec, and IPv4/6
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title : MTS-ASSOCIATE
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: [[relo]]
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Engineer, Electrical, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Technology, Engineering
Meet Some of Aerospace's Employees
Daniel is directly involved in finding exceptionally talented individuals and bringing them on board the team in order to build and grow the company.
Back to top