What you should know about the role
The most essential function of this position is to support the mission of the credit union; to provide a means for a better financial way of life for our members. This mission is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as well as being an ambassador of the credit union.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As as part time teller, you will have the opportunities to:
- Interact with our members while building impactful relationships.
- Shape and sustain our companies image through excellent member service.
- Strengthen your knowledge of financial services to be better positioned for future opportunities.
- Be an important part of a fun and collaborative team.
- Delivers outstanding service by meeting all service standards as set forth by the credit union. In addition, the position is required to deliver upon the credit union's Service Promises to our internal and external members.
- Greets and welcomes members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner and works to exceed their expectations by identifying a need and educating them on how to improve their financial life.
- Performs routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, purchase of negotiable instruments, cash advances, loan payments, check cashing, opening and/or closing a variety of account types, address changes, and collection of Security Box rental fees.
- Consults with members to obtain information and explain available financial services. Provides routine information on credit union services or policies, including eligibility for membership, website information, types of accounts, insurance on loans, loan policies, interest rates, current dividend rates, locations, office hours and telephone numbers.
- Cross-sells products and/or services that will improve the financial lives of members.
- Maintains an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled and/or promoted as well as policies, procedures, rules and regulations, including robbery procedures.
- Prepares collection forms for maturing Savings Bonds, counsels members on the merits of the various investment options, and processes changes of ownership and exchanges of Savings Bonds.
- Performs a variety of internal documentation and balancing activities consistent with credit union standards and guidelines, including daily cash drawer management, miscellaneous receipt and disbursement transactions, general ledger account record-keeping, and the like.
- Accountable for the security of member transactions by observing security procedures to help detect fraud.
- Participates in the development of local and organization-wide standard operating procedures.
- Maintains and develops professional abilities by: attending regular peer-level team meetings, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies, and otherwise maintaining professional and technical knowledge.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and regularly lifting cash box of up to 10 lbs. and coin bags up to 30 lbs on occasion. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to use basic math skills and spell accurately up to a high school graduate level. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Skills & Experience
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
A high school degree or equivalent
Back to top