- Elkhorn, WI
What you should know about the role
The most essential function of this position is to assist in creating an exceptional experience for the members of the Credit Union. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service and next best product recommendations to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and
Keep People at the Core. Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our members. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to members by offering educational benefits of saving money and time, making money or and adding convenience and giving the member piece of mind.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a part time teller, you will have opportunities to:
- Interact with our members while building impactful relationships.
- Shape and sustain our company's image through excellent member service.
- Act as a pace setter for the sales markers in the branch.
- Develop sales and leadership skills through motivating team to meet sales goals.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality to protect member information. This includes but is not limited to securing shredding at end of night, discard papers with member information in the shredding bin.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective working knowledge of all credit union products and services and department functions. Understands and can easily convey information regarding products and service to members.
- Proactively seeks ways to expand member relationships in order to provide them a great experience, to help improve the members financial standing and achieve individual, branch and credit union goals. This may include outbound calls, uncovering needs or referring solutions. Continuously and effectively uncovers the members’ unstated needs to recommend products and/or services that will help the member, answer member inquiries and educates members. Ensures that each member interaction is maximized to provide great service and help improve the members financial standing.
- Works to create a flawless member experience with members by putting the member first and foremost with everything that is done. Manages member relationships and communication professionally, including a neat workspace and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate accuracy and efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Verbally confirm intended transactions with member to assure needs are met and minimize redoing. Balances cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any outages.
- Troubleshoots, researches and responds to member inquiries/complaints. Communicates with members regarding product and services (including but not limited to overdrafts, account closings, charges, fees etc) in person, via phone, email and mail etc. Responsible for handling objections and understanding the root cause of the issue.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and regularly lifting cash box of up to 10 lbs. and coin bags up to 50 lbs on occasion. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to use basic math skills and spell accurately up to a high school graduate level. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
A high school degree or equivalent
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
Back to top