Member Service Specialist
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 1 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
What you should know about the role
The most essential function of this position is to assist the credit union members in experiencing the advantage. This is accomplished by providing outstanding sales and service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core. Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and being an effective source of information for our members. Provides friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance to members by educating them on products and services that can save money and time, adding convenience and giving the member piece of mind.
As a Member Service Specialist, you will have opportunities to:
- Have a large and tangible impact on members lives as well as branch performance
- Self-manage your day-to-day workflow
- Develop and display your coaching and leadership skills
- Be an important part of a fun, dynamic and high-performing sale and service team.
- Works to create a flawless Member Experience with members by putting the member first and foremost with everything that is done. Manages member relationships and communication professionally, including a neat workspace and professional appearance.
- Performs all Member Service duties including but not limited to opening various new accounts, processing necessary information and educating the members as to services/products available as a result. Performs all loan duties by accepting loan applications, conducting loan interviews, processing and reviewing application and closing loans in accordance with established policies, procedures, authority and regulations. Analyze and act upon loan requests, deciding on routine loan requests as authorized and submitting those exceeding established loan limits to the appropriate channels.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality to protect member information. This includes but is not limited to securing shredding at end of night, discard papers with member information in the shredding bin.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective working knowledge of all credit union products and services and department functions. Understands and can easily convey information regarding products and service to members.
- Troubleshoots, researches and responds to member inquiries/complaints. Communicates with members regarding product and services (including but not limited to overdrafts, account closings, charges, fees etc) in person, via phone, email and mail etc. Responsible for handling objections and understanding the root cause of the issue.
- Provide backup to tellers upon request.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office
equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours
whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and
professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when
dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest
level of discretion on confidential matters. Possess good time management and organizational skills, and the flexibility and determination to handle deadlines and a wide variety of duties each day.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Experience
Courtesy and tack are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with members and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A high school degree or equivalent.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high.
Back to top