Member Contact Specialist I
- Southgate, MI
What you should know about the role
Receives incoming calls and determines the products, services or resources that the caller requires (or could benefit from). Provides direct support services to members; or, connects them with the appropriate staff representative.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Member Contact Specialist, you will have opportunities to:
- Have a large and tangible impact on members lives
- Experience a nice mix of member interaction while still being "behind the scenes"
- Increase your exposure to operations and consumer lending
- Be an important part of a fun, dynamic and high-performing sales and service team
- Cross-sell electronic services and assist members in setting up electronic services enrollment and understanding the e-statement process.
- Perform teller functions for members (i.e. transfer funds between accounts and/or loan, stop payments, close and reorder debit cards, provide balances and last five transactions, reissue and reset pin numbers, process loan or credit card payments, etc.) to assure member’s needs are addressed in a polite and friendly manner.
- Identify products/services that might be beneficial to customers and provides information about their value and benefit.
- Answer incoming calls, determines the needs of the caller and verify the caller’s identity, minimizing the caller’s time and effort in resolving their concern.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must by capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions with supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of calmly and professionally dealing with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period.
Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Experience
Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A high school degree or equivalent
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with members, employees and others outside the organization, generally involving routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
Back to top