Marketing Research Analyst
What you should know about the role
Supports Marketing Analytics Manager in performing quantitative and qualitative research using statistical methodology and studies to determine analysis of programs, products and services offered, market potential, competitive intelligence and industry standards to help improve sales and marketing efforts. Identifies areas of opportunity based on research evaluation of the organizations paid and non-paid advertising and marketing programs involving all internal and external communications.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Marketing Research Analyst, you will have opportunities to:
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Be a part of a team that focuses on driving progress, building relationships and keeping people at the core in everything that they do
- Interact with all kinds of people, from the membership to executives and then some
- Assists in development and production of direct marketing initiatives through analysis of target market universe, list development, design and production.
- Evaluates media post-buy analysis and responds/adjusts to reflect effective and efficient placement with maximum exposure. Evaluates all paid and non-paid advertising and marketing efforts based on research determinations.
- Develops graphs, reports and presentations. Performs statistical analysis upon request. Creates and present quality dashboards.
- Maintain databases and data systems for the department. Implements data collection systems and updates. Acquires and abstracts primary and secondary data from existing internal or external data sources.
- Analyze market intelligence data to provide recommendations on market expansion and consolidation.
- Research, analyze, and provide recommendations for new products and services that will provide financial advantages to our members, increase revenue, or increase efficiency. Assist in the development of new products and services. Evaluate product and services for continued improvement.
- Apply data mining, machine learning, and statistical analysis techniques like hypothesis testing, segmentation and modeling to analyze a large amount of data to develop recommendations to be used in increasing utilization of product and services, decrease member churn, and increase member engagement.
- Responsible for executing market research functions, anticipates and provides useful market information. Assists Marketing Analytics Manager in establishing standards for the methodology, design, conduct, evaluation and presentation of market research on established and prospective members, competitors and products to predict sales potential, determine market conditions, and identify opportunities to grow revenue and reduce expenses/improve efficiency.
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends and patterns in complex data sets to develop recommendations to be used in promoting the organization and improving positioning, image and support within target markets.
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends and patterns in complex data sets to develop recommendations to increase sales and identify efficiencies for the sales team.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Experience
Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner is necessary.
Strong analytical spreadsheet and communication skills, demonstrated ability to handle multiple project simultaneously, new product development, packaging design, competitive analysis, consumer promotion, advertising media and copy, scan data analysis. Familiarity with MCIF systems, CD-ROM directories and market data on disc, survey research and statistical analysis software, mapping software, market research directories and on-line data services.
Financial Institutions experience preferred. Experience in data mining techniques and procedures, as well as extensive experience working with databases is required. Proficiency in Excel is required. 1-2 years experience in analytics.
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Research and Development, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree of specialty.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high.
Back to top