Manager of Marketing
What you should know about the role
The purpose of this position is to develop the company’s marketing strategy in accordance with the short and long term strategic goals by studying economic indicators; tracking demand by company services; identifying members and their current and future needs and monitoring the competition.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Manager of Marketing, you will have opportunities to:
- Build strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization including executive-level.
- Be a part of a collaborative team.
- Have a variety of responsibilities and projects to keep the job interesting.
- Oversight of the organization’s various marketing business plans and marketing calendar – Responsible for marketing effectiveness and efficiency, identify and address short term and long-range issues; work with Marketing Analytics Team to report campaign results to VP of Marketing; lead team members tasked with projects related to administering our marketing plan
- Media placement and strategy – work with Agency on annual media plan including: digital, traditional, targeted and mass media channels, as approved with the marketing budget. Work with Analytics team to review effectiveness and recommend adjustments as needed. Work to control costs and provide recommendations for improved communication strategy effectiveness. Evaluate and recommend new communication channels as revealed through MARTECH strategies as presented within industry.
- Internal Communications related to Advia team member aspects associated with marketing related activities – advise employees of marketing related efforts and key communications, related to the marketing and sales initiatives of Advia. Create communication packages for retail employees to increase effective marketing interactions with members such as call scripts, push pieces, and special incentive fulfillment; work with Analytics team to design and deploy contests and other motivators of sales activity; work with branch managers to confirm all retail environments properly align with our brand standards and promotional messages; Manage all help desk tickets to meet outlined standards; Develops and deploys internal communication to drive positivity and awareness of strategic goal progress, etc. (example – The Advisor e-letter)
- External Communications related to Advia member engagement – Actively involved in the development, deployment and analysis of all member onboarding and trigger communication strategies used to engage members and build longstanding contributing relationships; oversees internal and external talent who provide regular content for our blog; Coach in development and oversee all activities of our PR Marketing Specialist charged with engaging Advia in our communities, creating positive name awareness and brand association in a variety of ways (media announcements, interviews, internal communication initiatives, etc.); works with HR (employer brand) and for Advia Credit Union’s efforts of sales, community involvement and important member communications, develop our social arm of messages; working with other departments as needed for development of tools in monitoring and responding, representing Advia’s brand standards of delivery. Including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- Effectively mentors and directs the activities of department personnel – Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures. Develops marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities.
- Volunteerism, Donations, Sponsorships, Events, Advia Foundation – oversees development of annual donations and sponsorship plan, request methods, fulfillment; Advia Foundation communication strategies to promote goodwill and brand affinity as related to Advia Credit Union in our communities; Oversee the projects of our PR Specialist who actively sits on Advia Foundation Board and drives fund development initiatives, PR, community awareness and Advancing Lives Grant deployment. Works with Committee and HR to properly oversee and report the activities of our Advia team volunteers; working with PR Marketing Specialist to also obtain greatest internal and external awareness of our efforts.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 4-6 hours per day. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various complicated written and oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
Five years to eight years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A college degree.
The ability to motivate or influence inside or outside senior level personnel is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant level of influence and trust. Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequent material presentations and a professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high.
Back to top