Financial Solutions Specialist
- Kalamazoo, MI
What you should know about the role
As a Financial Solutions Specialist, you’ll work closely with our members to identify their needs and sell customized solutions for a complete member experience. You will be held accountable to personal goals utilizing the sales through service approach and behaviors. The most essential function of this position is to create a flawless member experience with members by putting the member first and foremost with everything that is done, by being an effective source of information, by providing friendly, professional, confidential and effective assistance and by educating them on products and services that can save money and time, adding convenience and giving the member peace of mind. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Financial Solutions Specialist, you will have opportunities to:
- Have a large and tangible impact on members' lives as well as branch performance
- Self-manage your day-to-day work-flow
- Develop and display your coaching and leadership skills
- Be an important part of a fun, dynamic and high-performing sale and service team.
- Initiate contact with Advia members to sell products and services that are beneficial to them all while offering the top notch Advia service they are accustom too.
- Performs basic new account functions, including share, share draft, direct deposit and certificates; explains various account and ownership options, providing the necessary counseling to meet members’ needs, and obtains the required information and documentation. Prepares all documents and paperwork; assists members with completing forms.
- Accept and processes loan applications with accuracy for unsecured and credit card loans then scans appropriate documentation into loan software.
- Within established levels of authority, processes member’s financial transactions, resolve problems promptly and courteously, and answers questions regarding all of Credit Union’s products and services.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters. Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Back up teller line as necessary.
- Stays informed regarding policy and procedure updates as well as local and national banking and lending trends.
- Troubleshoots, researches and responds to member inquiries/complaints. Communicates with members regarding product and services (including but not limited to overdrafts, account closings, charges, fees etc) in person, via phone, email and mail etc. Responsible for handling objections and understanding the root cause of the issue.
- Actively and professionally advise members on Credit Union products and services during routine member interactions.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters. Possess good time management and organizational skills, and the flexibility and determination to handle deadlines and a wide variety of duties each day.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A high school degree or equivalent.
Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with members and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
Back to top