What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
What you should know about the role
To originate and increase the credit union's portfolio of commercial loans, with the overall objective of maintaining and increasing its asset quality; to develop new and existing business relationships through multiple and dynamic methods including presentations, phone, referrals, and in-person contact. Initiate contact with potential company or community businesses/employees through visits, mailing, and phone calls.
As a Commercial Lender, you will have opportunities to:
- Work at your desk and have on-site visits with local businesses
- Manage your day-to-day work flow
- Make dreams come true for small businesses by offering unique financial solutions
- Develops lending business for the Credit Union. Responsible for calling on current members to expand existing business; calls on prospects to identify opportunities to expand the Credit Union's member base.
- Actively participates in community events to generate awareness and business leads. Maintains tracking of opportunities, successes, and pipelines.
- Assists portfolio members with any loan-related questions and concerns.
- Completes applications for commercial loan business. Reviews member financial conditions and assesses the member's ability to re-pay the loan.
- Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Maintains up-to-date member files including current balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 4-6 hours per day. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various complicated written and oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/ requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills & Experience
The ability to motivate or influence inside or outside senior level personnel is a critical part of the job requiring a significant level of influence and trust. Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequently complex, senior level dialogues, as well a professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
Five years to eight years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A college degree.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high.
Back to top