Branch Manager II
What you should know about the role
The most essential function of this position is to assist the credit union members in experiencing the advantage. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core. Branch Managers are responsible for leading the sales and operational efforts of the branch. Ensures established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures members are promptly and professionally
served. Trains, directs, and supervises branch staff.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Branch Manager, you will have opportunities to:
- Operate with a high level of autonomy and treat your branch as your business
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Directly impact credit union success through branch goal attainment
- Build strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization including executive-level
- Monitors branch goal progress and service levels to make informed adjustments in order to achieve branch scorecard goals. Through observation and development, ensure that employees are maximizing opportunities to cross-sell products and services to benefit the member.
- Manages direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of the company, including: monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraise performance and provide recommendations for promotion, disciplinary action and termination, as appropriate.
- Represent and promote the Credit Union within the branch community.
- Ensures member’s requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles escalated member complaints. May counsel members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Ensure adequate branch asset controls including cash and negotiable instruments as well as adherence to all teller and branch operations procedures and manuals. Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists in resolving balancing problems.
- Supports as a Member Service Specialist when needed, processing member loans within established policies.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of travel by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared workspace with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on our own or as part of a team. Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
A high school degree or equivalent
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Back to top