Assistant Manager of Commercial Credit Analysis
What you should know about the role
This position assists in leading a team of commercial credit analysts to evaluate the financial statements and condition of individual and commercial loan members applying for credit. Analyzes complex personal and corporate loan portfolio financial statements for loan risk rating and monitoring purposes on a single loan or relationship basis. Ensures timely and accurate annual reviews to monitor credit quality and early identification of deterioration of credit quality. Analyzes such items as income, quality of management, market share, potential risks and collateral appraisal. Prepares high profile loan presentations, which includes credit analysis and a summary of the loan request.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Assistant Manager of Commercial Credit Analysis you will have opportunities to:
- Be mentally stimulated and provided with the opportunity to use problem solving skills
- Be an important part of a fun, friendly and fast-paced team
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Assists in coaching and holding direct reports accountable to performance standards and for living out Advia’s Core Values including driving progress for the department including providing recommendations for improved efficiency and effectiveness. Assumes responsibility for assisting the Manager of Commercial Credit Analysis in the supervision of Credit Analysts and Commercial Real Estate Specialists including tracking individual progress and conducting performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Work with department manager to monitor the progress of team members to eventually become Commercial Lenders.
- Work with the department manager to establish training requirements and monitor progress for entry-level commercial analyst positions.
- Provide guidance to the credit analysts with questions related to analyzing a request and preparing a loan presentation.
- Complete loan presentations as needed with a focus of handling the more complex relationships.
- Approve annual reviews on credit relationships that meet criteria established by management.
- Monitor/distribute workloads and production among analysts.
- Reviews loan presentations and underwriting processes to ensure commercial policy compliance.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the office of Foreign Assets Control, in addition to all company policies
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must by capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions with supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time. Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
Three to five years of commercial credit analysis experience. Candidate will have thorough understanding of commercial lending products, policies and procedures, along with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and determination of credit worthiness. Candidate to have clear understanding of balance sheets and income statements or tax returns. Candidate will have experience with underwriting complex, multientity commercial relationships, along with a thorough understanding of different corporate entities. Strong analytical and communication abilities.
A college degree.
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Meet Some of Advia Credit Union's Employees
Monica L.Recruitment Manager
Monica consistently seeks new ways to attract and retain top talent by understanding that culture fit is just as important as position fit to keep engagement high. Since filming, Monica has been promoted to Manager of Organizational Development.
Back to top