Assistant Branch Manager
- Kalamazoo, MI
What you should know about the role
Responsible for assisting the branch manager in the overall management of the branch – may step in for Branch Manager in their absence. Individual supports efforts to maximize revenue, sales, member satisfaction, and minimize operational losses as well as deepening existing relationships and minimizing member attrition. Contributes to the implementation of promotional campaigns and product initiatives at the branch level.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
As a Assistant Branch Manager, you will have opportunities to:
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Impact credit union operations through creative ideas and process improvements
- Prepare for future branch management opportunities
- Performs branch opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Balances operational controls in order to minimize risk to the company. Performs surprise cash audits, including ATM audits. Performs pre and post closing peer reviews of loans originated by branch staff.
- Reviews and evaluates Teller and Member Service Representative performance at regular intervals. Ensures minimum performance standards are met.
- Investigates and resolves member complaints, and researches member situations to resolve issues involving fees, loan servicing, etc.
- Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff, including approval of corrections and overrides, compliance with company policies and procedures and completion of all daily posting and reconciliations.
- Assists in training, directing and monitoring attendance. Monitors performance and makes recommendations to manager for evaluations. Interviews for open positions and makes recommendations to the manager. Works with branch personnel to improve cross selling and balancing skills and to provide updates on policy and procedure changes.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of calmly and professionally dealing with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Skills & Experience
Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A high school degree or equivalent.
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
Back to top