Business Development Consultant
A Business Development Consultant plans and executes sales activity to ensure that new business development and client retention occurs to support the long-term growth plans of each market.
1. Business Development
- Drive the development of new client relationships through effective daily planning, prospecting, cold calling, and appointment setting.
- Meet annual personal sales and gross profit objectives
- Pursue companies that fit the Advanced Resources ideal client profile.
- Collaborate with client contacts to understand current & future staffing needs.
- Represent Advanced Resources as the most respected staffing firm in our industry. Differentiate us from our competitors.
- Develop client relationships to the degree that client share is maximized.
2. Client Retention
- Continually clarify client expectations and establish goals for advancing our client partnerships.
- Expand business relationships within each client via referrals to new departments, and exceed client expectations to the degree that clients refer us to new companies.
- Reconcile invoicing and A/R issues as they arise.
- Fosters positive relationships to encourage increased sales.
- Proactively markets candidates to clients.
- Works proactively with clients to pull orders.
3. Team relations
- Work with internal staffing operations so that recruiting activities compliment sales activity.
- Build team relationships with temporary staffing team and communicate frequently on open orders and upcoming client needs.
- Work with the temporary staffing team toward meeting our overall branch revenue and GP goals.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree - ideally relating to the business unit one works within
- Minimum of 2+ years of successful staffing industry experience
- Ability to thrive a Metrics / Quota driven environment
- Experienced in account management
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to plan objectives and provide direction, guidance, and assistance to others.
- Also needs to use deductive reasoning, research skills, and decision-making skills to solve problems and enhance results.
- Must have excellent problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interact with clients, candidates, and vendors on a regular basis.
- Ability to comprehend written sources of information (read reports, reference materials) as well as verbal sources of information.
- Ability to use oral communication and presentation skills to conduct effective client meetings.
- Ability to independently organize work to meet established objectives.
- Ability to gather and analyze data.
- Resourceful, tenacious and persistent
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in-group presentation situations.
- Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Meet Some of Advanced Resources's Employees
Senior Staffing Consultant
As a Senior Staffing Consultant, Rich helps companies in the Chicagoland market identify talent for their accounting and finance hiring and project initiatives.
Back to top