Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Business Operations jobs in Chicago, IL delivered to your inbox every week.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is primarily responsible for the successful execution of our biweekly payroll process for all internal, US- based employees across Advanced Group. This individual ensures the accuracy of all payroll-related data in the HRIS system through regular auditing, including the processing of new hire, termination, transfers, promotions, and other data. They are also the main point of contact for responding to and resolving all payroll related inquiries in a timely manner, ensuring a positive employee experience. As part of the People Operations team, this individual will lead payroll, tax and employee life-cycle projects and tasks, including the execution and optimization of our payroll and employee-related processes in the HRIS system. This role is also responsible for several employee programs, including anniversary gift coordination and Unemployment.
- Execute an error-free, efficient internal biweekly payroll process. Interprets pay policies, (e.g., vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, government regulations, withholding exemptions, etc.) and ensures appropriate amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to each payroll correctly.
- Administer all internal wage garnishments, all short-term incentive programs, and the annual merit review process.
- Verifies compliance with federal and state payroll requirements; stays current with changes in the law.
- Partner with internal tax team to ensure earnings codes are properly taxed, tax codes are setup appropriately, and year-end processes are executed correctly.
- Manage the workflow of payroll data processing, as well as changes to the employee record, in the HRIS to ensure all payroll transactions are completed accurately and timely.
- Assists with audits of internal records, workers compensation, tax filings and related documentation.
- In collaboration with the Manager of People Operations, continue to document, analyze and evaluate existing payroll policies, procedures, and business processes.
- Perform a weekly audit of all new employees entered into our HRIS system, reviewing employee record to ensure the information entered is accurate for payroll and timekeeping processes.
- Lead the administration of all employee changes across all Advanced Group systems, including creating and submitting change letters, submitting changes in the HRIS system timely, and notifying stakeholders through submission of IT ticket and employee communication.
- Lead the offboarding process for all internal employees, including submitting an IT ticket, alerting appropriate stakeholders, preparing departing paperwork and updating our HRIS system.
- Manage the Unemployment process through partnership with our 3rd party vendor, coordinating communications and responding to all inquiries in our Unemployment mailbox.
- Support some benefits processes, including management of carrier feeds and coordinating the anniversary gift program, as well as support to required payroll and benefits compliance reporting.
- Respond to Verification of Employment requests for Internal and AC Associate Employees.
- Handle various HR reporting including but not limited to: turnover reporting to managers, time off to managers, onboarding feedback to orientation time, and new hire feedback to managers
- Manage People team expense reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in a program of study related to human resources or business administration.
- 2+ years of experience in payroll administration required. Experience processing payroll in UKG Pro or a similar HRIS system preferred.
- Must be able to work in a confidential environment and aware of the sensitive nature of the material they work with day to day.
- Demonstrate mathematical aptitude, analysis skills and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines and successfully prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help others
- Ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced Excel (including vlookups and pivot tables)
We are committed to a long-term flexible, hybrid work model. Our company offices are where we gather for collaboration and culture-building, and available for \"heads down\" work when it is the employee's choice.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.