Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in Chicago, IL delivered to your inbox every week.
Reporting directly to the VP of Information Technology, the Director, Infrastructure is responsible for the installation, management, and maintenance of the on-premise technology and cloud infrastructure supporting Advanced Group. This is a leadership role that requires both strategic and tactical capabilities, implementing best practices with best-in-class solutions to ensure robust infrastructure solutions that meet dynamic business needs and requirements.
The Director, Infrastructure will coordinate and lead all activities of server, storage, network, endpoint, and other technologies needed for modern, efficient, effective technology success. In addition, this role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of incident responses, systems monitoring and system configuration.
- Lead automation efforts to minimize manual work and ensure transparency in all aspects of the IT infrastructure ecosystem
- Provide guidance to all IT regarding architectural and procedural best practice
- Work alongside Security Team to implement and maintain a secure infrastructure
- Communicate and validate product architecture with peers, partners and stakeholders
- Lead the design and implementation of system architecture and interfaces using industry best practice
- Develop reporting metrics, dashboards and status reports, including performance against SLAs
- Ensure the needed level of infrastructure diagrams and documentation are produced and maintained
- Support the VP, IT in the planning and execution of the IT budgeting process
- Contribute to the design, documentation and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning as required
- Forecast system demands and recommend upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations
- Assist the team with project planning and other large collaboration efforts, while fostering an environment of open communication and problem solving
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to obtain and translate requirements into technical implementations
- Support the VP, IT with managing strategic vendor and partnership relationships
- Prepare standard and ad hoc analytics to support decision-making process
- Develop staff to improve their technology, data analytics, and communication management skills
- Motivate and provide leadership to staff to ensure the proper allocation of resources to the highest priority deliverables
- 10+ years of experience delivering business-critical IT infrastructure that includes design, administration, implementation and management experience
- 3+ years of experience in large, cross-functional teams, functioning as a decision maker and influencer of senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization
- 4+ years of experience executing projects and driving timely results
- Advanced degree in an IT, computer science or management related field
- Experience working in a multi-site global environment
- Formal training and/or current certifications in ITIL or ITSM
- Relevant experience hosting client facing SaaS applications in both on-premise datacenter environments and public cloud
- Excellent customer service skills, including both verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of currently accepted information security standards, guidelines and best practices
- Advanced analytical, reporting, consulting, negotiating and meeting facilitation skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience designing and implementing secure application hosting & Enterprise solutions that are compliant with data security standards
- Superior process design and implementation skills
- Naturally curious leader who has a passion for innovation and a conviction in the power of innovation to transform thought, behavior, and business
- Ability to properly and efficiently articulate sophisticated technology principles to various groups of stakeholders with varying levels of technical comprehension
- Excellent interpersonal skills that generate respect and trust from stakeholders
- Able to manage challenges, think creatively, and pivot quickly
- Flexible leader with ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and disciplined failure
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex problems and systems
At Advanced Group, our commitment to diversity and inclusion in every part of our organization is crucial to fulfilling our mission and demonstrating our REAL values. A diverse staff allows us to effectively draw on different perspectives and enhance our efficiency and effectiveness. Diversity thereby strengthens the legitimacy and relevance of Advanced Group in delivering services to our clients. We seek talented, creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to work with us. It is our priority that our workplace be inclusive, welcoming of diverse ideas and appreciative of valuable experience.
We are committed to a long-term flexible, hybrid work model. Our company offices are where we gather for collaboration and culture-building, and available for \"heads down\" work when it is the employee's choice.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.