Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Software Engineering jobs in United States delivered to your inbox every week.
Reporting directly to the VP, Digital Health (DH), the Director, Application Development has responsibility to partner with VP DH to develop clinical solution strategy and executing on the strategic initiatives with a team of Application developers and testers they manage. Promoting an atmosphere where solving industry problems with technology is valued and required. The Director, Application development pursues a deep understanding of business functions along with the aligned technology needs, advocates opportunities for technology to become more effective, and proactively adapts technology services and processes to support strategic objectives along with each business departments' tactical outcomes.
The Clinical Applications (CA) team provides technology and operational management of applications including all clinical application development, process improvements, test automation, enabling scalable and modular architecture development, and expanding the capability to address future unmet needs.
This is a leadership role that requires both strategic and tactical capabilities, excellence in business processes, a deep understanding of data management and its inherent value, and innovation in problem solving for business growth initiatives. This role also provides support to strategy and product development, working with IT leadership to align product road maps to meet financial and company goals.
- Promote pragmatic innovation by championing value-based, risk-managed investments and guided, disciplined execution
- Provide vision and leadership for the development and implementation of clinical technology initiatives that meet business needs and create and maintain a competitive advantage and increased client value in a rapidly changing marketplace
- Partner with VP DH to manage Advanced Clinical's strategy related to clinical technology, products, and services, including all systems supporting clinical research management, automation/robotics, AI/ML, and third-party software as a service (SAAS) management
- Provide expert-level consultation on all clinical development management-related systems
- Lead and partner with VP DH and Advanced Clinical business leaders on strategic technological planning for Advanced Clinical Solutions as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders
- Oversee IT leadership responsible for the development and execution of prioritized and approved clinical technology projects, as well as application development projects on Mendix low code platform
- Prepare business technology case and plans for projects and procure technology in accordance with the business need and the IT PMO guidelines. Conduct appropriate demo and pilot phases to validate assumptions.
- Rapidly convert ideas into working demos and mock-ups in an agile environment
- Ensure product requirements are implemented and supported in accordance with digital strategy and business requirements
- Drive the definition and delivery of product releases, in accordance with digital strategy
- Manage the expenses (operating and capital) for IT clinical technology budgets in with VP DH and finance controllers to ensure all funding requests follow the appropriate governance processes
- Develop framework for the analysis and review of the effectiveness of existing technology toolset
- Measure product success by gathering data and reporting on KPIs that valuate products in the form of expense reduction, revenue generation, and/or improved client and consultant service
- Ensure compliance with IT quality and security processes and procedures, identifying and addressing any compliance issues
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global laws and regulations related to data privacy and GxP, including GDPR, CCPA, FDA 21 CFR 11 compliance, and related
- Manage third-party vendors and resources in support of clinical technology, ensure value-add for deployment on prioritized initiatives (excludes project related pass-through technology agreements)
- Research and review industry trends, network with potential vendors that will enhance AC's clinical services, and include business leaders in recommendations
- Work in collaboration with VP DH and IT PMO, AC President, and AC Business Leaders to execute organizational strategic plans
- Mentor and coach staff to improve the company's knowledge related to technology and data analytics, as well as how to effectively evaluate activities, projects, products, and investments with a value-based, client- and consultant-focused approach
- Motivate and provide leadership to staff to ensure the proper allocation of resources to the highest priority deliverables
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a leadership role overseeing clinical innovation and/or digital strategy including technology application selection, development, project management, data analysis and management, and business process analysis
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in global Clinical research within the medical device, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and/or Contract Research Organization (CRO) or other Clinical trial sponsor environment is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or MIS or Equivalent experience
- Management experience leading a team responsible for clinical service strategies, including corporate applications and clinical trial management software
- Strong knowledge of procedures and best practices related to FDA, EMA, GCP compliance, computer system validation, and related global regulations including a strong understanding of data privacy regulations
- Prior experience leading digital transformations and/or designing modern technology delivery capabilities, including associated change management - Cloud, Dev/Ops, continuous development/deployment, agile methodologies, analytics, artificial intelligence, and RPA/automation
- Experience in Java, Java Script, Low code application development, Docker, Kubernetes, cloud foundation preferred.
- Proven success in identifying and building a technology strategy driven and matched to business initiatives and presenting opportunities and corresponding solutions to executives and colleagues
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement
- Strong understanding of the global CRO services delivery model with the ability to think creatively and strategically to capitalize on unstructured, ambiguous business situations
- Superior communication and team-building skills, highlighting the ability to effectively listen to expert colleagues' insight
- Passion, humility, integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Advanced Group's values
- Naturally curious leader who has a passion for innovation and a conviction in the power of innovation to transform thought, behavior, and business
- Ability to properly and efficiently articulate sophisticated technology principles to various groups of stakeholders with varying levels of technical comprehension
- Excellent interpersonal skills that generate respect and trust from stakeholders
- Able to manage challenges, think creatively, and pivot quickly
- Flexible leader with ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and disciplined failure
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex problems and systems
- Data-driven with an affinity for business process enhancement and automation
We are committed to a long-term flexible, hybrid work model. Our company offices are where we gather for collaboration and culture-building, and available for \"heads down\" work when it is the employee's choice.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.