Advanced Clinical is a global clinical development organization that provides CRO, FSP, Quality & Validation, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience for our clients. With global experience in over 50 countries, we are committed to improving all lives touched by clinical research. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
Central Services Specialist
Under the guidance of Client's Global Clinical Study Support ("CSS") management, this position will be responsible for preparation, coordination and study implementation of documents required for Global Clinical Studies (i.e. contracts, sponsor statements and insurance/risk management). Responsibilities include supporting CSS Central Services team as needed.
- Reviews and validates quality and accuracy of contracts and other documents
- Responsible for facilitating contract execution (via DocuSign or wet signature) and maintaining the Signature Authority Guidance.
- Responsible for facilitating all required notarizations and apostilles.
- Responsible for ordering and tracking courier services.
- Manage key vendor purchase orders and submit vendor invoices as necessary to Client finance.
- Responsible for opening, managing and quality checks of tracker and perform system maintenance as needed.
- Assist in the reporting of Key Performance Indicators and Central Services metrics.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintains consistent communications with internal clients, including in-person discussion, telephone calls, and email.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in the English language
- Thorough understanding of clinical research principles, legal documents and preferably insurance/risk management
- Preferred understanding of ICH Guidelines and country/local regulatory requirements
- Experience in global clinical research is desirable.
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook/Calendaring, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project), and strong email, presentation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with effective time management
- Goal oriented, self-starter with proven ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deliverables in accordance with stated timelines
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to act without having the total picture
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems
- A True Team Player: Listens and responds constructively to other team members' ideas. Expresses disagreement constructively (e.g., by emphasizing points of agreement, suggesting alternatives that may be acceptable to the group). Provides assistance, information, or other support to others, to build or maintain relationships with them.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any Employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your Recruiter so that we can meet to discuss the appropriate alternatives available.