- Boca Raton, FL
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most.
The Vice President, Communications is a leader, key strategist and storyteller developing and executing ADT's communications efforts. This individual will help ensure that ADT's Communications function operates at a best in class level with a focus on a proactive and collaborative approach, enhancing the impact of ADT's Communications influence. Reporting to the CMO, the VP should feel comfortable shifting between strategy and execution while handling a high volume of projects, being a key liaison of the entire C-suite, and act as a strong ambassador of the brand. As the leader of the Communications Leadership Team, the VP will work closely with the Executive staff, including the CEO, CFO, and CMO and the Board of Directors to set and drive strategic direction for the company's overarching communications goals.
- Drive integration across ADT's business lines and connect to enterprise platforms for the benefit of the total ADT's business.
- Forge strong connections with ADT's internal and outside partners in order to encourage the most creative and effective possible outcomes.
- Offer thought leadership across the enterprise.
- Develop external media relations plans in support of key programs and policies, including discovering opportunities to educate media and customers.
- Leverage extensive journalist relationships to drive earned media growth.
- Manage joint communications with outside stakeholder groups.
- Look out over the horizon to anticipate potential crisis situations and help to avert and/or prepare for them.
- Protect ADT's image, as well as spotlight the progress of the company and its leaders through proactive, compelling messaging.
- Develop strategies consistent with ADT's commitment to significantly increasing its footprint.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders as a critical member of their leadership teams.
- Help to operationalize ADT's corporate narrative.
- Seek to understand stakeholder expectations and drive best-in-class communications innovation.
- Lead and inspire a team in media relations, issues management, and internal organizational communications.
- Drive internal organizational communication strategies that reach the minds and hearts of colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in PR, Communications, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in communications, with a deep understanding of how to utilize communications to influence business outcomes.
- Experience across the range of communication disciplines including media relations, issues management and executive communications.
- Track record of building, leading, and inspiring high performing teams around a shared vision.
- Skilled at building and protecting public trust.
- Familiarity with investor communications.
- Able to achieve results while dealing with ambiguity and change.
- Proven delivery in successfully leading change management programs.
- Experience using analytics to drive business and reputation outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate and convert high-level strategic information into clear, concise communications.
Back to top