Systems Security Engineer
- Scottsdale, AZ
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most.
Who Is Datashield
Datashield is a Managed Security Service Provider that specializes in Managed Detection and Response for our customers. Our team provides a unique service offering that is unprecedented in the industry. Founded in 2009 as a joint venture with RSA, Datashield was named to the 2016 Hot Cyber Companies to watch and continued to have an explosive growth year into 2017. As we continue to grow we have an exciting opportunity for the right senior level security engineer.
Job Description: We are looking for a Security Systems Engineer to join the Datashield Production Support team. Your primary responsibilities will be designing and implementing best-practice-based configurations and customizations on customer systems, including RSA Netwitness, LogRhythm, Microsoft Sentinel, Mimecast, and more. Other responsibilities will include maintenance, system upgrades, and troubleshooting on these systems as well as internal corporate IT systems as needed. This position is a blend of security engineering as well as system administration.
- Providing Engineering support for security-related devices to include SEIM/Log Management, IDS and other security devices
- Administering, upgrading and supporting a variety of systems (Linux, Windows, Network)
- Utilizing progressive troubleshooting skills
- Integrating diverse systems and automating tasks
- Demonstration of understanding advanced networking concepts
- Interfacing directly with customers to understand their needs and provide timely, accurate solutions
Desired Background / Skillset: The individual will need to be able to effectively communicate with our clients regarding the system administration and troubleshooting of their systems by monitoring and managing these devices remotely from our Scottsdale office. Additionally, the ideal candidate will need to understand how to set priorities on incoming tasks with minimal assistance. Linux administration and SIEM configuration experience is highly desired.
- Solid understanding of IT systems, networking, domains, and enterprise applications
- Experience with administration of SIEMs, specifically RSA Netwitness, a plus.
- Ability to identify system faults, triage, troubleshooting, and see issues through to resolution
- Candidate should be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers while working on other complex issues or tasks
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Experience working in environments with compliance standards such as HIPPA, PCI, or other security compliance standards
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top