Sr. Desktop Support
- Irving, TX
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Summary: Operates and monitors computer and peripheral equipment such as printers, tape and disk drives. Assisting internal customers with desktop or application related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely incident and problem management resolution; provide Level 1 and 2 technical support that may include PC end-users, telco, server, signaling, and/or mainframe applications, as well as technical advice, guidance, and informal training on hardware and software.
- Monitor technical solutions for exception-based events or indicators.
- Troubleshoot and restore routine technical services and equipment by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
- Perform root-cause analysis and develop checklists for typical problems, as well as recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Assist in the installation and rollout of new technology solutions.
- Maintain a knowledge database to enhance the quality of problem resolution, as well as, within a team setting, share information and assist others with incidents.
- Provide guidance and training for less experienced team members, when necessary.
- Operates and monitors enterprise data center computer and peripheral equipment network, tape libraries, and storage area metrics.
- Identifies and responds to error messages and may re-sequence job steps after a job is interrupted.
- Maintains and publishes reports on IT metrics.
- Assists Supervisor with data entry, data verification, notification, escalation and facilitation.
- Analyzes operations and their adherence to standards and guidelines.
- Maintains lists, records, procedures, templates, etc. pertaining to IT systems or processes.
- Cross-trains, assigns and reviews the work of more junior team members and serve as a technical resource.
- Ensures physical datacenter integrity.
- Drives closure to open IT operational issues within problem and change system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 - 2 yrs
Skills : Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories of own discipline.
Understands procedures, policies, practices and systems.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Ethics & Values
- Time Management
- Action Oriented
- Technical Learning
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Self Development
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top