Sr. Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics
- Boca Raton, FL
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers , our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, vis it www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
The Marketing Analytics & Data Science team supports the Marketing organization to evaluate brand investments and drive new customer relationships. We analyze data from a broad range of marketing activities, and translate it into actionable insights for senior leadership, channel managers, and business partners.
The Sr. Data Scientist will be a part of the Data Science team within the Marketing Analytics organization. This role involves extracting and analyzing data across multiple databases, evaluating effectiveness of marketing investments, and identifying trends and opportunities for improvement across the entire marketing funnel. The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of online and offline marketing analytics and be able to employ various analytical and statistical tools for evaluating trends and measuring performance against qualitative and quantitative objectives.
The individual will combine hard skills like programming, statistics, data modeling with soft skills like communication, analytical thinking, and problem-solving. The candidates need to have a well-rounded background to balance the line between IT, data science, and the business.
The position will be based in Boca Raton, Florida.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve media mix modeling, mass media attribution, forecasting, and propensity models
- Design and conduct A/B testing and measure statistical significance to interpret test results
- 'Ownership" of projects and processes - Ability to work independently and turn an ambiguous business request into a root-cause analysis and ongoing insights
- End-to-end management of predictive modeling processes. This includes data extraction, data validation, model building, calibration, cross-validation, and maximizing model accuracy. Interpret and validate model results with statistical checks.
- Run correlation, clustering, segmentation analysis as required, to understand the data
- Perform and create useful data views and write stored procedures in Microsoft SQL environment for easy data consumption that will be used for data modeling/reporting
- Leverage business intelligence tools to automate existing reporting and develop new reports and dashboards on performance reporting, and post-campaign insights
- Deep dive data analysis and research, with ability to manipulate, analyze, and trend results
- Work within the IT and analytics teams across the organization to find insights and develop data solutions
- Work with research teams to prepare models and reports that interpret consumer behavior, market opportunities/conditions, marketing results, trends, and investment levels
- Evaluate marketing investments at the media/channel/tactic/promotion level using a data driven approach
- Generating insights that improve the business
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline. A master's degree is highly preferred
- 5 years of experience working in Marketing Analytics, business intelligence, and reporting. A portion of experience is required to be in Marketing Analytics
- Expertise in statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Experience in interpreting A/B test results and significance measurement
- Expert knowledge of query languages such as SQL and/or Oracle. Knowledge of programming languages like Python and R is required
- Understanding of the math and statistics behind the models
- Experience with analytics/reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Analytics, and/or Nielsen)
- Experience owning design, development, and implementation of reporting that is leveraged by a large audience for decision making purposes
- Ability to develop working tables & data-marts that can be leveraged within reporting
- Proven ability in analyzing large datasets to gain insights and provide quick data driven recommendations
- Candidate must be organized, driven, analytical, and exhibit critical thinking skills
Back to top