Security Product Specialist
- Irving, TX
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
The Technical Expert in Product Support assists in developing product knowledge resources on newly approved products; perform research to identify potential products; evaluate and test products to generate product requirements; determine specifications, conduct product quality assurance and testing, and provide time to integration plans for product introduction.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on supported products to prepare knowledge resources to share with department leaders and their teams
- Develop and, when necessary, deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of support teams, train the trainer programs, and presentations at trade shows and key Customer accounts
- Create product-related business requirements documents and white papers
- Work with the training team to develop product training plans internally and externally
- Act as a product champion within the company
- Oversee the product evaluation, quality assurance, and testing of supported hardware and software platforms within the organization including eSuite Account Management
- Obtain a deep understanding of the Customer experience to help identify and fill product gaps by generating new ideas that will help grow market share, improve the Customer experience, and drive overall growth
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending industry related educational workshops; reviewing industry related professional publications; establish personal networks within the industry; participating in professional associations within the industry.
- Act as liaison between technology partners and support teams to assist in product related issues including technical service bulletins, firmware releases, system enhancements, and product compatibility
- Industry Related Certifications including Bosch Intrusion Systems, Lenel Access Control, Avigilon ACC/ACM, Axis Certified Professional, Certified Alarm.com Technician.
- BS Degree (or higher) or equivalent work experience.
- Proven work experience in technical support and/or product support
- Proven track record of supporting multiple intrusion systems including Bosch, Honeywell, DMP, and Alarm.com
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in remote programming software, software development, networking technologies and cloud technology
- Solid and effective communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to communicate and work effectively with people from all areas within the company (Sales, IT, Systems Engineering, Operations, etc.)
- Ability to create, maintain, and deliver product testing forms to management team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to meet the rapidly evolving environment
- Skills to manage product release related activities including testing, preparing documentation, product demonstrations, training materials, etc.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to embrace change and company growth
- Ability to speak to all levels within an organization, including executive team
- Maintain a high level of teamwork and positivity with fellow project team members
- Strong Analytical and Leadership Skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Critical thinking with problem solving skills
Back to top