NAS Account Management Specialist - Norfolk, VA
- Norfolk, VA
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The NAS Account Management Specialist works under the direction of a Program Manager (PGM) to assist in the successful implementation and coordination of projects at the customer corporate offices. In general, the NAS Account Management Specialist assists the project managers in the paper flow of the projects with partner agreements, submittal creation and management, billing and projections, project planning, organization, logistics, quality assurance, commissioning, and close out of a portfolio of projects. The position assists the project managers in the direction of activities of installation labor and sub-contractors. The NAS Account Management Specialist collects data and submits reports to the customer, project managers and operations managers regarding equipment delivery, installation progress, change orders, schedule deviations, and any other activity that impacts the delivery of our systems. The NAS Account Management Specialist works with project documents and reports to manage the project and assure profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the PGM & PM, plans and schedules engineering, installation, and subcontracting activities on assigned installed projects
- Coordinates and tracks the delivery of materials to job site
- Maintains construction schedule and coordinates task scheduling with other trades
- Monitors the performance of installers and partner/subcontractors
- Keeps superiors and subordinates informed of important project details
- Maintains all records of job status
- Monitors and tracks all partner agreements, certificates of insurance and monthly billings
- Prepares and submits all required field reports for internal and external use
- Will assist as needed in the initial bidding process by providing past project insights and risk mitigation strategies
- Implements quality assurance program to continuously improve customer satisfaction
- Always Presents a professional image
- Develops optimal relationships with the client, client's vendors, partners, contractors, and consultants
- Assists PGM & PM with validation of job sites to ensure the scope of work and all quality installation standards are being met through installation validation review. Via onsite visits, pictures or live remote validation
- Monitors job status and controls job costs
- Assists PGM & PM with monthly project progress billing to capture all project costs
- Develops and implements plans to eliminate problems and alleviate potential profitability issues
- Assists the PGM & PM with project close out
- Assists the PM with coordinating AE staff to assure system programming is completed and documented based on the project needs
- Assists the PM with coordinating pre-testing and commissioning with the AE staff
- Ensures preparation and submittal of all close out documentation, including red line drawings, as-built, and O&M's
- Ensures a project hand off to the service department is completed for follow on warranty and service activities
- Handle and support escalations via install and or service jobs/projects
- Studies literature and attends seminars to keep current on products, processes and materials
- Coordinates subcontract orders and other contract vehicles
- Other duties as assigned by ADT and Customer (approved by ADT)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experience may substitute for education requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or higher is desired
- Good subcontracting and people management skills required
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as blue prints, engineering drawings, electrical schematics, project specifications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- The ability to write project correspondences, routine reports, project scheduling and correspondence is mandatory
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to accurately and effectively apply math skills in estimating and accounting functions
- Ability to interpret accounting reports, financial statements, and to track processes
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of written, oral, or graphic instructions
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite. Use of MS Visio and MS Project software is desired but not required
- Limited energy certification or licenses are desired.
- Supervises installation & service technicians, and subcontractors.
Our work is performed on commercial construction sites located within the United States and abroad. Consequently, some travel may be required. This position will be exposed to a wide variety of seasonal climatic changes common to the areas the work is being conducted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, high noise levels, and falling objects, as well as all other hazards commonly encountered on construction sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to move over rough terrain and around objects. Must be able to use hands and fingers to grip and manipulate objects with precision and be able to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb, or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top