Manager, Functional Initiatives
- Irving, TX
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
The Functional Initiatives Manager is an operational, and leadership role enabling initiative delivery for the cross functional and intra-functional programs in the Commercial Customer Care Organization. The Manager leads Functional Initiative project delivery, functional operations design, and change management services for the Commercial Customer Care Organization and as such is responsible for policy definition, process ownership and customer treatment in their functional area.
- Staffed in functional leadership roles -- including Lead, SME, and Analyst -- enabling initiative delivery across the Customer Care portfolios; may serve in more senior-level roles for small to intermediate sized initiatives. Portfolios requiring SME knowledge could be Order Entry, General Customer Care, Technical Services, Provisioning, National Accounts, Account Management, Collections, Monitoring and Jurisdictions.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks and work-packages to meet both project and functional leadership expectations.
- Conducts and/or participates in managing project integration, scope, time, costs, and quality and communicates the status, risks, and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the project's outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time.
- Efficiently and effectively applies standard project management methodology, process, and professional standards of delivery.
- Leads functional team members and those assigned during the duration of a project to ensure successful completion of project deliverables. Provides leadership, coaching, and guidance on a continuous basis to project team members in the areas of project lifecycle, operating procedures, processes, and practices. Customer experience process design is owned by each functional initiative manager
- Manages project issues by ensuring visibility, identifying stakeholders, determining root cause, solutioning, driving to timely decision-making, and actively communicating.
- Creates risk management plan to identify, analyze, monitor and respond to risks associated with the project to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Prepares project deliverables: project charter, scope, workplan, requirements, impact assessments, implementation strategies, etc. Obtains appropriate level of approval for each document for projects and/or sub-teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
- Develops project cost estimates and budgets for assigned projects and initiates cost control measures to ensure project budgets are met. Partners effectively with finance and planning functions to build complete, accurate, and intuitive business cases. Maintains ownership and fluency around all quantitative analysis.
- Communicates project status to team, business owners, and Leaders as appropriate throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
- Occasionally assumes responsibility for procurement and vendor management related to the project to ensure proper selection, contract development, and contract administration for vendors used during the project.
- Leads project initiation activities and delivers phase gate requirements in preparation for prioritization, scheduling, and governance review.
- Maintains subject matter expertise in Commercial Operations and strategy; applies functional expertise toward assessing impact, designing new capabilities, and leading change management across all Channels.
- Proactively communicates with stakeholders and constituents by ensuring high relevancy, emotional intelligence, and two-way feedback loops.
- The Associate will generally be responsible for managing projects with the following criteria:
- Revenue or cost responsibility less that $250K per project;
- Duration of 6 months or less;
- Involving 2-3 different departments within a functional area or is part of a service provider functional area and involved with 1 department in a different functional area.
- Project teams are 10 associates or less;
- Concurrently lead 2-4 small projects or is track lead for 1-2 intermediate projects
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in related discipline preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- 3+ years of professional staff functional / operational experience required. 1-2 years of formal project management experience required.
- 4 to 6 years of directly related experience, specifically in the areas of A/R Management, billing, customer management, etc.
- Experience in subscriber based business and operations, customer service/call centers, preferred.
- Baseline project management formal training required to ensure familiarity with standard methodology, process, and deliverables. Strong project planning and management skills are required paired with the ability to break down complex problems into manageable goals.
- Demonstrates professional integrity.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skill used to build relationships and manage conflict -- within a project team, business unit, and cross-functionally. Well-developed capacity for emotional intelligence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels in the organization including cross-functionally, at the frontline, and with Senior Leadership. Demonstrated skill in producing high-quality and tailored deliverables to enable stakeholder communication and decision support.
- Creates an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others. Ability to drive results through accountability.
- Ability to build team cohesiveness to achieve results. Ability to promote a shared vision and customer focus.
- High organization and planning skills required.
- Ability to self-start, work independently, be versatile, and maintain personal resiliency in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with business case development, financial fluency, and interpreting data -- even when imperfect.
- Solid proficiency working with standard MS Office and project management technologies.
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in Project Management methodologies, Resource Management practices and Change Management techniques.
Back to top