- San Leandro, CA
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, vis it www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
Track and assist with the coordination of scheduling residential and commercial installations. Perform a variety of warehouse duties, which include ordering materials, performing monthly inventories, issuing materials to technicians and maintaining inventory for the branch. Direct customer contact to facilitate scheduling and rescheduling as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Inventory Coordinator may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Order materials for use by the technicians using the Lawson requisition module.
- Maintain inventory for the branch using the Lawson inventory module. This includes issuing parts, returning parts to stock, returning parts to the supplier, replenishing stock, receiving material and stocking the warehouse and trucks.
- Complete daily replenishment process for trucks using crystal report.
- Complete the monthly physical inventory. This includes physically counting the material, reconciling discrepancies, and updating the Lawson inventory system.
- Compile information on receipt or disbursement of material, equipment, or supplies.
- Identify obsolete inventory and disposes of inventory as directed.
- Track and assist with the coordination and scheduling of residential and commercial installations. These duties will include but are not limited to speaking with customers and installers to bridge the technician's arrival times and rescheduling of jobs when needed.
- Contact customers prior to installation to welcome the customer and confirm the installation. Questions asked will determine if the customer has power and phones to ensure the customer is ready for our arrival and installation.
- Upon completion of installations, give the customer one last show of appreciation for their business and make assurances that the customer is satisfied and that there is nothing else we can do to increase customer satisfaction.
- Review False alarm reports for installs completed in last 30 days. Forward problematic accounts to Ops for immediate follow-up.
- Enter all data for commercial and residential installations. All completed installation paperwork will be reviewed by management and this person will show work as completed on the designated reports.
- Deliver completed paperwork to the designated employee to complete the billing process.
- Run install commission/residential backlog reports weekly in Business Objects. Distribute to ops and sales.
- Track all information involved with our Nextel communications. A running log of which phones are assigned along with phone number changes or new and discontinued service and management of account and periodic audit of usage.
- Track the assignment of all company vehicles to technicians along with vehicle condition, registration and inspection stickers, and periodic audit of maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure all commercial equipment has been ordered and received before installation scheduling.
- Assist the inventory clerk with inventory checks and part distribution.
- Serve as a back-up when the inventory clerk is out making deliveries and fill in when needed.
- Periodically pick up and deliver parts and materials.
- All other duties assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of Company products and policy/procedures.
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet.
- Knowledge of inventory operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lawson system is preferred.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence including e-mail communication.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may involve travel between branches.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one year of experience in inventory control or related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver's License.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top