Intermediate Service Technician - Kentwood, MI
- Kentwood, MI
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service and driving customer loyalty, quality and overall satisfaction by servicing, programming, configuring, dismantling, reconstructing, converting, and trouble-shooting existing security and site automation solutions including, but not limited to, fire and carbon monoxide detection, networking, hosted video solutions, and access control.
- Drives customer loyalty by exceeding customer's expectations through the system service and maintenance process and meeting customer commitments.
- Meets customer commitments by arriving within estimated time of arrival.
- Services, programs, configures, dismantles, reconstructs, converts, and trouble-shoots existing security and site automation solutions including, but not limited to, fire and carbon monoxide detection, networking, hosted video solutions, and access control.
- Follows and completes required processes of wired and wireless technology and connection procedures.
- Tests and validates system signals/communication with central monitoring to properly establish service.
- Demonstrates the operation and functionality of all provided services to the customer by explaining the proper operation of the technology and services.
- Assists customer with security and technology enhancements by effectively identifying additional areas of opportunities and offers solution enhancements or alternatives to increase customer satisfaction. Suggests innovative and additional solutions to customer to fulfill their security and site automation needs.
- Completes pre-requisite and ongoing safety requirements and courses, driver care requirements, technical standards, and any other applicable training.
- Follows safety standards and reports safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Collects all required payments, balances, and signatures and processes monies received from customers in accurate and timely manner.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to operate a mechanical lift system and ascend up to 40 feet.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and construction environments.
- Ability to understand and apply codes, rules, standards and requirements to meet specifications.
- Ability to work under general supervision and independently at multiple customer sites on a daily basis and interpret and design system layout to meet the customer needs.
- Demonstrates mechanical and technical aptitude according to job level.
- Ability to interpret location maps, blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle in a safe manner and responsibility for company issued assets (i.e., inventory, etc.).
- Basic mathematical aptitude to perform routine calculations.
- Basic knowledge of mobile technology and data devices for communication.
- Communication skills including verbal and written skills.
- Ability to meet minimum company performance standards for productivity, quality, and safety & security enhancements.
- Ability to logically solve basic to moderately difficult problems with effective solutions and demonstrates troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and establish relationships with customers by gaining their trust. Ability to relate well to all types of customers, builds appropriate rapport, and demonstrates diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to diffuse high tension situations while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Some technical school training highly preferred.
- Prior experience with providing services to electrical systems highly preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver's License.
- Certifications and licensing where required, as specified by local Management.
Back to top