Fire Test & Inspect Technician II (Fresno)
- Fresno, CA
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, vis it www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram .
The basic function of this position is to professionally perform routine inspections, testing, and preventive maintenance of fire alarm systems and other fire safety product lines. Works with minimal supervision and provides specialized training and direction to less senior inspectors and trainees.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Conducts fire inspections, tests, and service of fire alarm systems and other safety product lines according to prescribed processes.
- Must have an ability to proctor, coach, and teach others.
- Verifies proper operation; prepares accurate and timely documentation for work performed.
- Interfaces with service management to ensure that all work is scheduled/handled.
- Interfaces with customers to explain work to be performed and answers their questions.
- Resolves customer concerns as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Must ensure customer satisfaction and a positive customer experience.
- Prepares inspection/ deficiency reports for submission to management.
- Maintains and organizes truck inventory (equipment/parts and tools) to ensure proper response to customers' needs.
- Must adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of High School/Vocational training.
- Must have three or more years of experience.
- Must possess all required skills for Fire Test & Inspector Tech I plus the following: Directly related experience inspecting fire safety industry-related equipment, including at least two (2) years as an inspector.
- Must be very proficient and able to train others in the use of ADT Commercial's applications for personal computers and proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Required to have a full understanding of NFPA 72 - NEC - IBC and NFPA 101.
- Experience may be obtained by progressing through internal inspector positions or with companies where similar experience is acquired.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must possess NICET Level I in Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems.
- Must obtain NICET Level II in Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems within one (1) year.
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by state and/or local codes.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on call availability" and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
Back to top