Fire Alarm Systems Integration Sales Rep
- Woodinville, WA
ADTInc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions inthe United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-goand digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, andbacked by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superiorcustomer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helpingcustomers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Floridaand employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For moreinformation, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter , LinkedIn , Facebook and Instagram . Join our team and help us protect what matters most.
This position is responsible for:
- Selling the company's solutions including products, labor and services.
- Up-selling/cross-selling to the existing customer base.
- Maintaining and developing positive customer relationships.
- Achieving or exceeding assigned annual/quarterly quotas for the systems installation business.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Building long-term relationships with the contractors within the assigned area of focus.
- Following construction bidding to ensure all applicable projects are addressed utilizing the company tools (Dodge reports, Dashboards, SFDC, etc.)
- Creating new market share by selling a broad range of products and services to new customers.
- Utilizing approved marketing materials to demonstrate sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers; assuring that the customers understand the value proposition and positive advantages of ADT's products and services over those of the competition.
- Following up with prospects and bids in a timely manner.
- Independently establishing call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics; consistently applying time and territory management techniques.
- Through in-house training, networking, and research, maintain an in-depth knowledge of ADT's complete line of products/services and customers' needs.
- Conducting post installation follow-up by contacting the customers, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Normal office/field environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support timelines, construction sites, and customers' facilities.
- Must be able to work extended hours to support business requirements.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, or three (3) to five (5) years of professional experience in high volume sales and a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry experience as a successful sales representative.
- Must have consistently met or exceeded sales performance for the past three (3) to five (5) years.
- Must demonstrate professional knowledge with an in depth understanding of all or most of the following systems: fire alarm/life-safety, intrusion alarm, access control, video surveillance, nurse-call, plus low voltage systems in general, installation, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- Keen understanding of the construction contracting environment.
- Strong prospecting skills, ability to build customer relationships through consultative selling and promoting customer confidence in ADT Security Services.
- Lead generation and organic pipeline, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Must have a technical aptitude and an understanding of drawings and codes.
- Exceptional customer service, thoroughness and self-motivation.
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and prospecting skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer organizations.
- Must have a driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to clear a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening.
- NICET Level II or above certified in fire alarm systems.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit; twist, use hands to handle, push, pull or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top