At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference - for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you're a part of ADT Commercial, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit www.adtcommercial.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
The primary function of this position is to install and troubleshoot low voltage panels, wiring and associated devices. Typically works under the supervision of a more senior installer.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Installs and troubleshoots low voltage panels, wiring and associated devices.
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Provides customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools).
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Provides documentation of service and hours worked.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have one (1) or more years of experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of enterprise intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom, and access control systems.
- Working knowledge of local/national codes desired.
- Must be able to read drawings and pull wires accordingly.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must obtain NICET Level I Certification within one (1) year (for fire alarm systems only).
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Requires 25 % to 50 % proficiency in ADT Commercial's Enterprise product offerings.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on call availability" and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.