Custom Home Sales Manager
The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
The ADT Residential Custom Home Services Sales Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of Custom Home Services Sales Representatives. This position will focus on the organic profitable growth of high end Residential sales within a defined geographic area that may encompass more than one ADT District.
- Manage the Custom Home Services Sales teams within a defined territory/region(s). Focus on selling diverse products to higher end consumers while maximizing recurring revenue contribution and profitable Installation dollars.
- Be proficient in the awareness of Connected Home type Product and Services. Ability to grasp and explain Residential Integrated Products & Services.
- Implement and administer sales programs in Residential consumer markets to maximize profitable opportunities.
- Work closely with local ADT installation management to ensure effective completion while maximizing customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Mentor, develop, motivate and coach Custom Home Services Sales Representatives. Develop team for success by regularly communicating results and job expectations. Develop performance metrics for sales teams and monitor results.
- Provide performance feedback and recommendations to improve effectiveness. Conduct annual performance reviews/appraisals.
- Select and hire new Custom Home Services Sales Representatives, as required. Participate in recruiting activities, as required.
- Formulate organic self-generated lead programs and train representatives in working closely with defined GOLD promoters that will enhance self generation contribution.
- Regularly participate in ride-alongs and monitor progress of new and existing representatives.
- Ensure adherence to current ADT policies, procedures, products, programs, pricing, budget, technologies and services through timely communications.
- Hold regular sales meetings with Custom Home Services Sales Representatives (minimally, on weekly basis).
- Interacts with all levels - from executives to installers - while engaged in problem solving and situations that require conflict resolution.
- Model and champion ADT values. Create a safe environment for the discussion and resolution of values-related issues and concerns.
- 4 year college degree in business administration, marketing, sales or other related field of discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of sales and sales management experience.
- As a proven successful track record in consumer/residential sales or related industries working with large accounts.
- Has successfully developed a professional business team.
- Is a passionate leader with a strong presence and recognition within a local community.
- Has demonstrated success in handling high dollar sales transactions and large bids.
- Has effectively educated consumers on products and services and success in consultative selling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). In addition, has successfully demonstrated the following competencies:
- Action oriented
- Building effective teams
- Business acumen
- Customer focus
- Command skills
- Conflict management
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Developing direct reports
- Directing others
- Drive for results
- Fairness to direct reports
- Hiring and staffing
- Innovation Management
- Interpersonal savvy
- Managing diversity (has the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees (i.e., from an installer to corporate management).
- Motivating others
- Peer relationships
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Timely decision making
- Written communications
- May be required to drive to work locations in the assigned territory, requiring 50-60% local travel
- Valid driving license with clean driving record is required.
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com
Back to top