Cloud Security Engineer
- Jacksonville, FL
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visitwww.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Cloud Security Engineer
***Remote is an option for this role.
- Implement security processes and solutions in public-based cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Own management of the Cloud Security platform and provide configuration of policies, alerting, reporting, and integrations.
- Lead incident response efforts for policy violations and/or suspicious activity events.
- Map existing security controls and requirements and apply them to environments running in the cloud.
- Automate integration of security into the cloud environment provisioning and DevOps processes.
- Implement strong access and identity controls as well as provide continuous monitoring to ensure security remains enforced.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Engineering, DevOps and Architecture Teams across IT.
- Apply an understanding of attacker techniques, tools, and tactics to provide preventive measures based on risk tolerance.
Required Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest and emerging trends in the Information Security field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud Integration, Cloud Security, and Cloud Data Storage.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and implementing security into DevOps processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Identity and Privileged Access Management, Cryptography and PKI, Container Technologies, Security Log Monitoring, Load Balancing, Network and Host-Based Firewall.
- Possess experience in Security Operations (SOC, Network, Endpoint, Data), IT Architecture, Compliance and Risk Management.
- Capable of interacting with team members at all levels within the company, from the end user to executive leadership, through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with team members at all levels within the company from the end user to executive leadership.
- Ability to use independent judgement to make sound, justifiable decisions that contribute to problem solving.
Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Experience building security and automation into deployments alongside DevOps teams.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation and/or Ansible.
- Experience with hardening secure docker and/or Kubernetes containers.
- Strong Linux Fundamentals.
- Practical knowledge of security tools such as Splunk, ELK, Qualys, Tenable, Crowdstrike, Cybereason, Safebreach, Palo Alto Firewall Security Stack.
- Familiarity with security and compliance frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, PCI, SOX, NIST CSF.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 5 - 7 years' experience required.
- Security and technical certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, SANS, ISACA preferred.
- Cloud Provider Certifications are desired.
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top