Cloud Platform Developer
- Spring House, PA
At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visitwww.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Designs, implements, qualifies, and documents software deliverables for cloud platforms using software engineering principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with Engineers and Product Managers throughout the entire app life cycle from concept, design, development, testing and release.
- Experience developing and releasing high-quality, scalable cloud platforms.
- In-depth understanding of cloud platforms and cloud development ecosystems.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and experience using networking protocols, TCP/IP, and sockets.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code, and correctly employ object-oriented design patterns.
- Expert in one or more engineering disciplines / coding languages.
- Deep experience designing systems to achieve non-functional requirements.
- A leader in envisioning, defining and building elegant designs, and quality code. Able to lead a technical team in engineering projects providing direction and guidance.
- Provides system and component design artifacts to Engineers and provides peer-review feedback and coaching.
- This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must.
- Able to implement test solutions for developed code. Can create effective test mechanisms and execute quality processes on new code prior to submission.
- Excels in documenting deliverables in a collaborative and clear manner. Capable of making updates to reflect changes to work products submitted.
- Strong teamwork aptitude and ability to partner with the product owner/business sponsor to ensure the delivered system meets expectations.
- Fluency in communication and relaying of technical details on feature operation and design decisions within the working team.
- Remains current on the latest industry trends in cloud platform development technologies.
Education: Four (4) year degree or equivalent experience
- Design and Development of distributed services in Java (4 years)
- Linux (2 years)
Skills: Proficiency in (several): Java, Linux, Web Services (SOAP, REST, WebSockets), Automated Testing Tools, Cloud, Agile, TDD, SQL, Data Storage Systems (Key-value, Document storage), Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Git.
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
- Forward Looking
- Peer Relationships
- Teamwork Oriented
- High Learning Capacity
- Data Centric
- Scalable Solutions
- Automation Centric
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top