ASG Engineer I
- Greensboro, NC
ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The Advanced Services Engineer I is the first point of contact for Enterprise and Business class customers with respect to premium services such as managed firewall, site-to-site VPN, SIEM, email scanning and email encryption. The Advanced Services Engineer is responsible for deployment, initial support and triage of these services and works with Enterprise and Business class customers, team members and other departments to perform these functions while providing the best possible customer experience.
- Provide customer support via email, phone and web portal for changes, questions, upgrades and break-fix; assist and resolve within SLA times all incidents while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Procure, provision, and ship firewalls; deploy VPN tunnels, email services and SIEM; Interact with customers to procure necessary configuration/deployment information and address questions that customers may have
- Follow up with customers or vendors on open issues.
- Confirm that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Analyze alerts from SIEM and contact customers with actionable intelligence
- Thoroughly document all customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Confer with customers by telephone, email, web portal or in person in order to provide information about products and services, and to obtain details of complaints.
- Ensure that any requests or questions about orders or cancelling accounts are forwarded to the appropriate person inside the company.
- Maintain proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self-directed training and training programs.
- Performs initial troubleshooting
- Performs triage and escalation as necessary.
- Serve in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate must be confident, detail oriented and proactive. He or she must be able to multitask and meet project deadlines. The candidate must also have a strong desire to achieve, must be able to take initiative, working independently and as part of a technical team. Candidate must be able to serve in on-call rotation.
- Outstanding customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols including (but not limited to): Routing, switching, firewall policies, NAT, VPN, IPV4, TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4
- Competency in both Linux and Windows environments
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Technology, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working with networking technologies and protocols.
- Vendor specific certification to be earned within 6 months of hire
- Specific experience with the following vendors: Juniper (SRX), Netscreen, Fortinet, Cisco and/or SonicWALL
- JNCIA-JunOS (or higher), NSE4 (or Higher), CCNA Security (or Higher), SNSA (or Higher)
- CompTIA Network+
- Experience working with SIEM products
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
Back to top