Software Engineer (Acceleration Platform, Digital Video & Audio)
- Seattle, WA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
The Acceleration Platform Team is part of the Digital Video and Audio Organization's shared tech teams. These teams provide technologies that are shared by our major apps like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and Character Animator.
The Acceleration Platform Team owns APIs, systems, and tools which exploit hardware and acceleration resources consistently to deliver industry-leading features and performance critical to massively parallel compute and display clients. If you are a hardworking self-motivated Senior Software Engineer, come join us!
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with a team of cross-geo engineers and product teams to build the foundations of high-performance compute and graphics for Adobe Video and Audio applications.
- Help design the components of a modern, cross-platform GPU compute/render engine which drives professional grade video and graphics platforms.
- Work in and contribute to a very large, well-engineered and performant C++ code bases
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and iterative improvement by writing high-quality testable code, tenaciously reviewing code submissions from others, and continually focusing on the overall customer experience
- Analyze, tune and profile software to enable the highest quality user experience for editing media.
- Coordinate with other teams to shape robust and accurate workflows across different Adobe apps.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external partners to help DVA be at the forefront of industry innovation and have a presence on a wide range of accelerated platforms.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- In depth knowledge of modern C++ and excellent knowledge in object-oriented design
- Fundamental knowledge of modern CPU and GPU architectures and related graphics interfaces (e.g. DirectX, Metal, Vulcan).
- Understanding, profiling and tuning high-performance software on NVIDIA, Apple, AMD, Mobile GPUS.
- Good understanding of large system design as well as fundamental operating system primitives.
- Comfort and fluency across different operating systems and IDEs (Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, Mobile Operating systems)
- Experience with performance data instrumentation and collection is a plus.
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Passion in working hand-in-hand with colleagues developing & keeping up a high team spirit
Back to top