Senior Software Engineer - Backend
- San Francisco, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe is looking for a senior software engineer for Adobe Target. We're seeking an enthusiastic and accomplished backend engineer to come join us on our journey to build the next generation of our industry-leading enterprise personalization platform!
Adobe Target is a leader in the market for experience optimization, testing and personalized content delivery. We empower the world's largest brands and marketing organizations to optimize and personalize at scale. Our mission is to enable marketers and product teams to comprehensively optimize on revenue and engagement.
Inside Adobe, we build the personalization engine that powers the Experience Cloud. There, we form the foundation of a machine learning experimentation, recommendation and optimization delivery engine that processes billions of transactions per day.
What you'll do:
- You'll design, build and operate consumer-facing, internet-scale applications and services.
- You'll be part of multi-functional development teams with exposure to deep platform architecture, and you'll collaborate across teams on large projects.
- You'll lead in driving development and operations standards for the team.
- You'll raise the bar on quality with an emphasis on test automation.
- You'll work in an agile, DevOps culture with a focus on maintaining operational excellence while delivering with high velocity.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience buildinga high performance, horizontally scalable, low latency serviceusing the latest technologies.
- Expertise in Java or other backend languages such as Scala or C++.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with scalable, distributed NoSQL datastores such as Cassandra, Aerospike, Redis.
- Real passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skillsand direct experience with DevOps in a SaaS environment including monitoring, alerting and on call.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in quantitative sciences/engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of software systems.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a cloud-native stack: containerized compute (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD and cloud services (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with batch data processing and streaming compute (e.g. Kafka).
- Expertise in microservice architecture, REST APIs, gRPC.
Back to top