Senior Rendering Software Engineer, 3D&I
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are a growing team of engineers building next-generation, real-time, photorealistic rendering software powering an expanding list of high-profile Adobe creative products.
We are looking for a software engineer with a passion for ray tracing, path tracing and realistic image synthesis, familiarity with CPU and GPU architectures and a deep sense of software craftsmanship.
You will be part of a tightly knit team developing a state-of-the-art rendering engine and delivering robust, fast and resource-conscious software components to product teams.
You will collaborate with researchers to turn groundbreaking algorithms and technologies into shipping features.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with engineers and researchers to architect, develop, maintain and optimize a real-time, GPU-based, physically based rendering engine
- Design and implement modern rendering algorithms by writing robust, high-performance CPU and GPU code (C++, GLSL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.)
- Develop experiments to explore tradeoffs between various possible implementations
- Identify and fix rendering bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Review code on a near daily basis and give detailed, constructive feedback
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of physically based rendering algorithms (material modeling, light transport, sampling...); knowledge of denoising algorithms is a plus
- Familiarity with CPU and GPU architectures
- Fluent in modern C++; knowledge of C++14 and C++17 is a plus
- Proven experience with at least one modern, low-level graphics API (Vulkan, Metal, Direct3D 12)
- Experience building products for developers, e.g. SDKs and libraries
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize
- Willingness to work collaboratively across time zones
Back to top