Senior Computer Scientist / Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Passionate about mobile photography and AI? This is your opportunity to work with a team that will be changing the camera industry. Adobe's EPG (Emerging Product Group) led by VP and Fellow Marc Levoy, is seeking a Senior Computer Scientist / Engineer to join our team in San Jose, California. You will be part of the core team that is exploring next-generation product opportunities centered around the concept of a universal camera app, and empowered by machine learning, computer vision, and computational photography. The effort will begin as part of our Photoshop Camera app, growing its photographic collection capabilities in new directions. If successful it will grow to become a technology platform for other Adobe products, with the opportunity for broad impact. Publication is allowed and encouraged, especially when validated by product impact.
What you'll do
- Work like a startup inside Adobe, making this is an outstanding "best of both worlds" opportunity. If you'd love the flexibility and personal impact of joining a startup, but also dream of having the deep resources, cool perks, and global launch stage that only an industry leader like Adobe can offer, this is where you belong.
- You'll have strong input on the direction of this new product and technology direction, while working directly with the experienced startup entrepreneurs leading the project.
- Develop, implement, test, deploy, and support mobile apps on Android and/or iOS.
- Build technologies that can be used in other Adobe products, such as Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw.
- Collaborate with our designers, product managers, researchers and visual effects engineers.
- Make an impact while building an exciting career at a new growing division within Adobe.
What you need to succeed
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field, or MS degree with additional experience.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Knowledge of the iOS or Android platforms, mobile app development environments, and camera APIs is a plus.
- Passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members.
- 5+ years of overall programming experience. Academic projects will be considered if they are amazing.
- Experience in low-level code optimization is a plus.
- Experience in programming on GPUs or other hardware accelerators is a plus.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely. If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer. Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top