- San Jose, CA
Adobe Research is seeking a Machine Learning Research Engineer for Digital Imaging specializing in computer vision and deep learning with strong experience in design and development of web apps and web services, along with strong interest and skills in image and video processing. Responsibilities include working closely with researchers, engineers, user experience designers, and product managers to build prototypes that showcase new research technologies, and to help integrate those technologies into Adobe's products via desktop, cloud, and mobile deployment. Additional responsibilities include developing infrastructure and providing engineering support to improve the exploration of research ideas and sharing of results. The role includes engineering support for tech transfers of Adobe Research technologies and features to Adobe's broad product portfolio, including our cloud services and enterprise software as well as experimental platforms for next generation digital imaging applications driven by AI technologies.
We will give preference to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Practical experience in Deep Learning, especially for image understanding and 3D computer vision tasks such as image segmentation, depth estimation, object detection, image search, pose estimation, and synthesis tasks such as hole filling and generative image editing using Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
- Interactive systems, user interfaces, and human-computer interaction
- Strong software development skills that encourage code reuse among researchers
- Training machine learning models
- Prototyping ideas from research papers
- Mobile application development
For successful candidates, nearly all of the following will be true:
- You have significant experience in building applications which use machine learning component technologies.
- You are excellent at collaborating with a team to get work done.
- You are skilled at both building prototypes from scratch and writing maintainable code inside large existing codebases.
Requirements for this position include:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with modern deep learning frameworks
- 1+ years of experience with deep learning for computer vision tasks
- Ability to write efficient, clean, and reusable code in Python and C++
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly
The research engineer will work with world-class researchers and other research engineers across the entire Adobe Research organization to build a platform that will influence the next generation creative workflow. This is an ambitious and exciting forward-looking mission that provides great opportunities for growth in both technical proficiency and leadership skill!
To apply, please send your resume or CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our outstanding Check-In approach where feedback flows freely. If you're looking to grow your career, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences through the Adobe Life magazine.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Back to top