Marketing Data Scientist Lead
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone - from emerging artists to global brands - everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences. We're passionate about empowering people to craft beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to building exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Marketing & Customer Insights (MCI) organization has a dual mandate of providing objective customer research, analysis, and marketing effectiveness measurement while advancing the use of Adobe Marketing Cloud technologies to enable and track customer experiences across surfaces.
Within MCI, the Marketing, Planning and Analytics team was established to focus on developing deep media and customer insights to support integrated marketing planning across channels. The group closely partners with Global and Field Marketing, Finance, Go-to-market, business unit leaders and other corporate functions to provide guidance on business objectives.
The team is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to build and own the next generation of our marketing mix measurement practice. The key goal for this person will be to apply modeling techniques to connect the impact of marketing activities on business and financial outcomes and guide budget decisions. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong technical skills and experience in applying appropriate econometric methodologies to improve business processes and demonstrate business impact.
What you'll do
You will help us answer key questions, including how to drive more efficient and effective marketing, improve overall brand and marketing ROI, achieve both short and long term brand and equity objectives, optimize channel efficiency, and better forecast our business.
What you need to succeed
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Business, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with programming marketing mix modeling solutions and time series forecasting
- 6+ years of experience in analytics or data science teams, solid understanding of experimentation design
- Knowledge of hierarchical Bayesian, MCMC, time-series forecasting, random forests, generalized boosted models, principal component analysis, decision trees, clustering, and other similar approaches
- Experience programming in SQL and R or Python
- A well-rounded background to balance the line between data science and the business. The "applied" part is as important as the data science part
- Ability to synthesize complex analytics into a simple and straightforward story to executives
- A curious mind, passion, and motivation to learn new skills, tools, and analytics techniques necessary to tackle business challenges
Back to top