Lead Software Architect - Search and Discovery
- San Jose, CA
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Become part of a growing team at Adobe and have impact by providing search, browse, machine learning and recommendations across the creative products at Adobe. We match the pace, innovation and excitement of a start-up, backed by the resources and infrastructure of Adobe!
The Search & Discovery platform deals with multiple modalities and is not limited to keyword search and supports searches based on image similarity, video similarity and combination of text and images and other permutations. We use state of the art machine learnt computer vision approaches to power this and take a look at Adobe Stock image search as an example.
We are building a newer platform within Discovery to provide personalized suggestions in the whole creative process for our end users in multiple Adobe products by combining asset information and machine learning techniques.
Search & Discovery of information retrieval is a critical part of Adobe's Cloud offering. Adobe Clouds are brimming with billions of pieces of creative content and growing daily. We have built a platform that powers multiple Adobe product lines such as Adobe's Creative Cloud products, Experience Cloud, Document Cloud, and creative marketplace to handle creative assets such as Adobe Stock. This platform takes care of billions of assets stored in cloud for variety of use cases ranging from privately accessible assets as in Lightroom, Creative Cloud and others, shared assets via teamwork in Creative Cloud and experience cloud and public discoverable assets in Adobe Stock Marketplace, Adobe.com, Adobe Learn & Tutorials content.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a top notch technical leadership in building Search as the core tenet in Adobe Clouds. Technical leadership entails influencing search indexing, Search algorithms, recommendation algorithms, relevance & ranking, visual search, analytics, machine learning, data analysis & metrics, query processing, multi-lingual search, search UX, and overall Adobe Cloud ecosystem. This is an opportunity to make a huge impact in a fast-paced, startup-like environment in great company. Join us!
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Automation and software development - Develop new tools, workflows & platforms to streamline processes and shorten problem resolution time. Tackle operational problems using software engineering standard methodologies. Identify and reduce toil using automation, ensuring a high level of value, productivity and quality.
- Dig deeper into all platform components, including application layers, to shape efficient resource utilization to drive optimization both for production, pre-prod, stage & load-testing footprint. This role includes optimizing both real-time and batch processing workloads. This includes Java and Python based code base, git, Big Data components like Apache Storm, Apache Spark, HBase, Elastic Search, Redis, DevOps Frameworks and Tools like Terraform, Chef, Kubernetes, Testing tools like JMeter and so on.
- Evaluate new technologies and help incorporate them into the technology stack
- Works with developers, Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, Quality Engineering and DevOps to come up with roadmap improvements in all phases of SDLC cycle
- Analyze performance metrics and logs to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to improve scalability and performance
- Able to code and deploy the application code when ever needed for major upgrades to new frameworks using open source.
- Able to refine the processes around continuous integration, code reviews and deployment patterns
- Define metrics and implement instrumentation approach, across components, to measure and to deliver on the resource utilization goals.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the industry
- 5+ years of experience working with Java, Python, C++ or similar languages in full software development lifecycle environment
- 4+ years of experiences in two of the following technology stacks: Messaging queues (Kafka, SQS), NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB), real-time ingestion systems (Apache Storm, Apache Flink, Kafka), Big Data offline processing systems (Apache Spark, Pig, Hadoop), Search Technologies (Solr, SolrCloud, Lucene, Elastic Search, Vespa)
- 3+ years experience in building complex N tier systems using open source technologies
- 1+ year of experience using distributed logging and metrics systems: Prometheus, Datadog, Splunk, New Relic
- Experience of version control systems like Git, customizing the workflows using Jenkins, in AWS or Azure cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge on the newer virtualization and clustering solutions like Docker, Mesos, CoreOS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with the design of and integration with RESTful API services
- Effective communication and influencing skills at a senior leadership level
- BS or MS in Engineering
- Exposure to DevOps standard methodologies
- Exposure to Testing Methodologies
- Exposure to security standard methodologies
Back to top