Senior Data Scientist
At Adlib, we are redefining the future of content management. We’ve displaced gorillas in the market with a focus on customer service and success. We are adding to our suite of offerings, building a new product with a unique approach to data insights.
Like most tech companies, Adlib started small, in response to a problem our co-founders experienced as business leaders. They recognized a need for rapidly generated solutions to leverage the value in unstructured data. But unlike most tech companies, those original co-founders continue to be directly involved in the daily operations of the company as CEO, VP R&D and VP Customer Success. They’ve built Adlib on three pillars of strength that measure our success:
- Product innovation. We build up from our roots, improvising - adlibbing - solutions to client document and data management problems.
- Customer relationships. We have a dedicated focus on creating a positive customer experience that stands out from everyone else.
- Truly engaged and passionate team. That’s where you come in.
Who you are
You are a obsessed with solving big data problems and determining value of dark data. You want to be fully immersed in an R&D role where you can push the boundaries of knowledge and innovate new solutions to be patented. You are looking for a role where you can leverage your knowledge and our technologies to give meaning and make decisions around unstructured data. You want to use research, natural language processing, machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve data science challenges. You want an opportunity to drive forward the creation of algorithms that will become part of the Adlib Elevate platform and have a significant impact on thousands of organizations across the globe. There are very few roles like this one out there.
Our new Snr. Data Scientist will work with:
- Big data. Collect, ingest, store and analyse large datasets from structured and unstructured data. Transform and convert unstructured dataset into structured data products.
- Best practices. Identify and evaluate standardized methods, best practices, models and algorithms to solve the problems.
- Machine learning. Research and develop new machine learning techniques and algorithms to address needs. Train and build machine learning models to meet goals .
- Experiments. Test and validate the solutions. Apply the latest technologies in modeling and data mining to the the experiments
- Insights. Use data mining techniques and build statistical models to classify and perform data extraction from content.
- Knowledge sharing. Document methods and algorithms used in solutions.
- Collaborate. Work closely with engineering colleagues to design, build and test new and improved solutions.
- Lead. Mentor and train aspiring Data Scientists and junior team members
- Adlib. Travel up to 20%, throughout North America to access highly secure customer data while on-site.
Our new Snr. Data Scientist has:
- PhD in Computer Science or related field such as Mathematics or Statistics
- Proven track record of delivering high quality analytics insights and solutions on unstructured data
- Practical expertise using:
- clustering, regression and classification Machine Learning techniques
- data visualization tools
- distributed big data stores (e.g. Hadoop or others) working with TB+ scale datasets
- statistical modeling, data mining, pattern recognition and search ranking
- Experience designing machine learning pipeline
- Expert knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong programming skills: Python, Java, .NET or equivalent
- Experience designing, conducting, analyzing and interpreting experiments
- Outstanding critical thinking, creativity, communication and problem solving skills
Why join Adlib?
Our employees, new and not-so-new, tell us we excel at transparency and work-life balance. And while those may be buzzwords used to attract attention, we actually live them. How do we know this? A significant portion of our team has been here for longer than 10 years. In the tech industry, that’s rare. We have people who leave and come back because they miss the culture and our team spirit.
But, having said that, we aren’t perfect at everything. We’re continuously working on change management - we’ve lost count of how many whiteboards we have. We don’t have all of the processes we’d like to, but that means that this is the place to get your hands dirty, come up with your own processes and work without a net.
While this might be common in silicon valley, in the suburbs of Toronto, it’s rare and greatly appreciated to have an open-vacation policy and to promote employee wellness. We have massage therapist days, badminton, baseball, fresh fruit in the lunchroom and fitness membership reimbursement. Our Burlington, Ontario location translates to minimal commute time and maximum family time and productivity time. If you aren’t stuck in traffic, worried about being late for a professional or personal commitment, life is just less stressful and work is more enjoyable.
Adlib Software is revolutionizing the way organizations think about their content, join us to be part of that change. Apply now or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Adlib seeks to inspire and nurture the human spirit – we understand that each person brings a distinct life experience to the table. Embracing diversity not only enhances our work culture but drives business success. Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top