Adlib is looking for Legal Counsel!
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be a one-person legal department responsible for international business unit support for contracts and day-to-day legal issues.
Among many things, we will count on you for: provide innovative and business-oriented legal counsel and execution of significant strategic imperatives; provide guidance to various Product teams on issues related to partnership deals, new and existing products/features, integration of products, content, services, and technologies; and negotiate and structure major contracts and licensing agreements.
We'll also be looking for you to:
- Oversee strategy for the protection and development of all forms of Adlib’s intellectual property.
- Provide redlined recommendations on all standard and nonstandard contracts, and often negotiate directly with customer, attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached.
- Assess risk and find practical solutions to business and legal problems, including litigation of possible business decisions and offer advice on how to best manage those risks.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to staff, including training to employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Contribute to and influence company policies for contract management. Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration.
- We’re a small team, so you would also be required to do some of the hands on administration work, like:
- Maintain contractual records and documentation.
- Ensure that signed contracts are properly saved and communicated.
- Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
What do you bring to the table?
- Licensed to practice Law in Ontario, with ~3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of technology agreements, and broad commercial law exposure.
- Experience reviewing legal documents.
- Display sound business judgment to identify and resolve disputes according to contractual requirements.
- Sound business acumen with the ability to efficiently support complex, international technology transactions.
What can we offer you?
- AWESOME Vacation Plan
- RRSP matching
- Fitness reimbursement program
- On-site RMT monthly
- Competitive health benefits
- Fast paced, exciting, growing and changing environment
- Pop, coffee, tea, fresh fruit
- So much more!
Adlib supports diversity, growth, and innovation. Embracing diversity enhances our company culture and drives business success. Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We look forward to receiving your resume!
Meet Some of Adlib Software's Employees
Sara manages, plans, and implements events for the company—whether that’s trade shows, conferences, or webinars. She helps get Adlib’s message in front of as many people as possible.
Back to top