Director, Product Marketing
Who we are
At Adlib, we are transforming the information economy by awakening the intelligence in enterprise content. As the global leader in Conversion, Capture and Classification technology, Adlib helps organizations in the Energy, Life Sciences, Insurance, and Banking sectors, among others, enhance and automate content-centric processes by unlocking the value in unstructured content.
As our next generation platform enters the market, Adlib is getting recognition from analysts such as Gartner and Forrester, for the new capabilities we are introducing. We are quickly evolving from the ‘best-kept secret’ to visible, competitive player in the information governance market. Right now, in addition to our Fortune 500 clients, we have new strategic alliances with Google, Intel, and other key players. For a Product Marketer, this presents a rare opportunity.
Reporting to the SVP Customer Experience, we need a Director, Product Marketing. Someone who has “been there, done that” and wants to join an established proven, elite-sized technology company to help drive our accelerated growth in the enterprise software space. This is a chance for a Director, Product Marketing to join us at this exciting time as we expand into an active information governance market that is buzzing with opportunity and exciting technologies including Machine Learning and AI.
Who you are - and what your future looks like
You are passionate about the role a Director, Product Marketing plays as the critical link between Product, Sales, Technology, and Business (our clients). You are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work under the leadership of an SVP who will support and empower you to make decisions, push back, take charge.
You have experience in the content management or information governance space and you are comfortable working within a flexible Pragmatic Marketing framework. You thrive as a leader and you want to take on a role where you directly influence the activities that will ensure the successful launch, positioning, and differentiation of our new and existing Go-To-Market campaigns and Products. You are looking for an opportunity to grow with a company and take on greater visibility as we pivot to meet market demand.
Our new Director Product Marketing will focus on:
- Product Positioning. You will work with the executive and Go-To-Market team to understand our product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities. You will:
- Establish alignment on the pricing, naming and positioning for each product offering.
- Create, develop and refine benefit statements, proof points and differentiation for individual products and product packages (sales plays).
- Sales Enablement. You will own foundational positioning, personas and messaging. You will:
- Ensure all internal sales and external channels are fully trained and able to deliver core messaging and new product positioning.
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications on the development and measurement of Sales Assets/Tools/Campaigns.
- Work directly with sales, channels, customers, and partners to validate personas, positioning, and promotional strategies.
- Work with Adlib Market Strategy and Research team to identify potential competitors and complementary service providers for more in-depth analysis.
- Planning. You will outline the Product Marketing strategy. You will:
- Identify new opportunities and enhancements based on market demands and company strategy.
- Work with Product Management, Services, Success and Sales to analyze the needs of our customers and the broader market.
- Product Launches. You will successfully manage the formal internal and external launch of all new products, new releases and go to market campaigns. You will:
- Create detailed launch plans (in collaboration with GTM team) and checklists ahead of product releases.
- Work with Marketing Services to create sales tools, sales presentations, demonstrations, evaluation materials, white papers, web content, case studies, brochures, ROI tools, etc.
- Influence the Influencers. You will help build and execute an influencer program. You will:
- Support the Product Strategy team to help identify, and tier, key influencers in our target markets.
- Ensure that Adlib is both positively viewed and top of mind with key influencers.
- Thought Leadership. You will position Adlib as a Thought Leader in the marketplace. You will:
- Participate in public speaking at relevant industry events.
- Write blogs, articles and opinion pieces.
- Attend face-to-face customer visits.
- Post to and participate on Social Media.
Our new Director Product Marketing has:
- The education. You have a university degree or college diploma in Marketing or Business.
- The experience. You have: 6+ years experience Product Marketing in enterprise software and proven hands-on success:
- Launching products and campaigns in the high-tech marketplace.
- Ensuring sales channels are fully enabled and positioning is resonating in the marketplace
- Managing projects and teams.
- Building internal and external relationships.
- Experience working in Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy/Utilities would be a bonus.
- The tools. You have expertise with marketing automation tools, MS Office, MS CRM.
- The personality. You are strategic, driven and dedicated to training and empowering sales teams with accurate messaging.
- The passion. You believe in promoting innovative technologies that satisfy business needs.
- The knowledge. You are familiar with the content management/information governance market landscape. You understand and appreciate scalable, cloud based, subscription model marketing.
- The stellar communication skills. You have extraordinary writing and presentation abilities. You are an effective translator who can turn technical and business requirements into impactful market positioning.
- The storytelling abilities. You know how to bring together market research, use cases, and technical details to create a convincing story that supports the sales team and can be leveraged for marketing collateral.
- The drive. You can motivate and drive a team towards tight deadlines maintaining a high attention to detail across multiple priorities.
- The seasoned leadership. You have proven experience supporting, training, empowering and motivating sales teams.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that maximizing work-life balance is one of the most important paths to high performance. To that end, we have an open-vacation policy and many programs to promote employee wellness. We have massage therapist days, badminton, baseball, fresh fruit in the lunchroom and fitness membership reimbursement. Adlib is located in Burlington, Ontario and many of our employees also enjoy a minimal commute which allows for maximum family and friends time.
Adlib seeks to inspire and nurture the human spirit – we understand that each person brings a distinct life experience to the table. Embracing diversity not only enhances our work culture but drives business success. Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Meet Some of Adlib Software's Employees
Sara manages, plans, and implements events for the company—whether that’s trade shows, conferences, or webinars. She helps get Adlib’s message in front of as many people as possible.
Back to top