Business Analyst/Product Owner
Adlib is looking for a Business Analyst/Product Owner to join our Product team!
Who we are
At Adlib, we are redefining how the world manages and leverages unstructured information. As the global leader in Information Management technology, Adlib helps organizations in the Energy, Life Sciences, Insurance, and Banking sectors, among others, enhance content-centric processes by unlocking the value in unstructured content.
More than 5,500 organizations leverage Adlib technology worldwide. We help them to save millions of dollars each year by automating critical business processes, and we empower them to make intelligent business decisions by leveraging their organizational content.
Who you are
You’re a bright, motivated individual with impeccable organization skills. You might currently be working as an Administrator or Executive Assistant - or you might not work in an office setting at all! Your friendly personality and welcoming aura are what people know you best by. Most importantly, you’re a go-getter. You love to jump into projects, offer ideas and collaborate with your teammates to get things done!
Our new Business Analyst/Product Owner will:
- Prepare and evolve the common understanding of Business Requirements for execution:
- Gather detailed requirements from stakeholders
- Facilitate Grooming sessions to engage multiple teams to mature the common understanding of requirements
- Facilitate timely communication with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to ensure timely clarification of any questions posed by the Development teams
- Play a leadership role on the Scrum team to ensure that in-scope capabilities get delivered on-time and are of high quality
- Ensure that Business Requirements are met and delivered according to plan by facilitating Sprint Planning, Grooming, and Review sessions
- Manage and prioritize backlog contents, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for developer consumption and commitment
- Translate customer needs into a robust product backlog; lead effort to plan out scheduled releases and sprints based on this prioritized backlog
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria, lead UAT testing and review early builds to ensure adherence to requirements
- Write detailed acceptance criteria for user stories
- Lead efforts with the team to define detailed requirements for each backlog item, working with key subject matter experts to flesh out details that the team will require to build a high quality product
- Apply incremental delivery principles to deliver value, communicate progress and elicit feedback
- Understand and communicate appropriately in a technical context with developers and architects
- Plan and focus development resources on Priority Features that deliver Business Value while identifying and avoiding items or effort that does NOT deliver business value
- Understand Adlib’s business and acquire or possess technical and business skills needed to overcome limitations
- Maintain records in Business Systems and Office Documents accurately and in a timely fashion
- Identify and Escalate issues that affect the Real and Perceived value of Adlib and Adlib’s products
- Work with technical writers to develop release note content
- Work with marketing communications to ensure accuracy and clarity of related collateral
- Develop feature/product overview presentations and present to internal teams
- Demonstrate newly-introduced features and products to customers and prospects to support sales team activities
Our new Business Analyst/Product Owner Has:
- Diploma/degree in business or equivalent
- 5+ years of technical and/or services work experience in a software development environment
- Experience as Technical Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Able to translate business strategy and customer insights into clear product requirements
- Effective Project Management skills
- Technical and business needs analysis & documentation
- Quality Assurance and technical support experience
- Experience with Agile Principles and Methodology
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Experience with PDF technology an asset
- Good business acumen and a consultative approach to finding creative solutions to customer requirements and concerns
What’s in it for you?
At Adlib, we wholeheartedly believe that maximizing work-life balance is one of the most important paths to high performance. To that end, in addition to an employee benefits plan, we also offer the following:
- Open-vacation policy
- Employee wellness programs
- Healthy office snacks
- Massage therapist days
- Team sports including badminton and baseball
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Participation in charitable events,
- and much more!
Adlib is located in Burlington, Ontario and many of our employees also enjoy a minimal commute which allows for maximum family and friends time.
More about Adlib
We focus on 3 pillars of strength at Adlib. We use these core values to measure our success:
- Engaged and passionate teams. That’s the most important to us!
- Product innovation. We’re building solutions to client document and data management problems, organically and strategically.
- Customer relationships. We truly have a dedicated focus on creating a positive customer experience that stands out from everyone else.
Adlib Software is revolutionizing the way organizations think about their content - join us to be part of our growth. Express your interest here or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Meet Some of Adlib Software's Employees
Sara manages, plans, and implements events for the company—whether that’s trade shows, conferences, or webinars. She helps get Adlib’s message in front of as many people as possible.
Back to top