JAVA / jQUERY DEVELOPER
The Plugin developer needs to have an aptitude for design, development, and maintenance of object-oriented, multi tier systems using Java/J2EE and other development platforms. Key responsibilities will be to develop plugins for Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc) and the ability to integrate them across various platforms. The candidate will play a lead role in successfully implementing responsive design and enhance the existing design of products. You will help to build a design pattern for the product front-end which delivers the best look/feel and functionality for global product users on all devices (mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop).
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and support applications written in Java using current and new development technology including J2EE, XML and Web Services.
- Develop the product using modern front end technologies such as JQuery, CSS, HTML , HTML5, Bootstrap, etc. for web platform.
- Hands-on experience with Java/J2EE.
- Develop plugins and gadgets that extend the capability of Jira and Confluence using Atlassian SDK.
- Possess a strong knowledge of continuous integration and source control tools like Git and SVN.
- Familiarity with Hibernate is a plus.
- Write unit tests, track defects, resolve defects for the written code.
- Work with project tracking tools like JIRA in a team setting.
- Extending REST services provided by Atlassian.
- Experience with XML implementation.
- Experience with Agile principles and practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, daily Scrums, and sprint/release planning and execution.
- Work closely with product management, designers, and other teams.
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Proven understanding of SDLC techniques, concepts and processes.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in field.
- Fundamentals in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java/J2EE, HTML5, CSS, JS, JQuery.
- Familiarity with JSON, XML.
- Familiarity with Web Services such as REST and SOAP.
- Familiarity with databases such as SQL, MySQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with Eclipse, NetBeans, or similar IDEs.
- Familiarity and demo-able experience with front-end development.
- Experience with object oriented programming and front end development is a plus.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools is a huge plus.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
Who We Are:
- Addteq is a global organization that combines efficiency and technical expertise to provide innovative results within the software development lifecycle. Addteq has been a leader of providing business solutions to Enterprise clients for more than 10 years. Through the use of DevOps automation, Addteq strives on creating innovative solutions to solve business processes. Clients depend on Addteq to provide Atlassian solutions, develop custom add-ons, conduct training, offer custom hosting, perform DevOps services, and provide overall support services. Locations include our Headquarters, Princeton, NJ with additional offices in Los Angeles, CA and Pune, India.
- We work hard and play hard! Catered Lunch Fridays
- We celebrate everything from anniversaries to birthday parties, ping pong/dart games, beer and brag Fridays and free lunch everyday!
- If you feel the same as we do about software automation, please join us!
Meet Some of Addteq's Employees
Donald delivers top-notch development projects to both internal teams and Addteq customers in order to simplify important day-to-day processes throughout each organization.
Back to top