Addteq is looking for entry level DevOps Engineer.
Location Princeton, NJ
What You'll Do:
As a part of our DevOps team you will work on automating setup, upgrade and migration of Atlassian server/data center tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring healthy performance of the applications at scale.
What We're Looking For:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Linux/Unix internals and architecture. Must be comfortable working on the command line.
- Priory experience setting up, upgrading and/or migrating web applications (eg: JIRA, Wordpress etc) in the public cloud with the understanding of the full topology involved: Application, Database, Load Balancer etc.
- Should be comfortable with automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Comfortable with scripting (Shell, Python, Ruby, Nodejs) etc.
- Comfortable with the understanding of JVM memory allocation and settings as it pertains to the performance of Atlassian tools.
- Able to perform root cause analysis for tools performance and health based on the impact of topology, configuration and customization(including add-ons/plugins).
- Hands on user experience with using JIRA or a similar issue tool for issue tracking and project management.
- Comfortable with learning new tools, technologies and paradigms.
- Good understanding of SDLC.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Documentation should be second nature.
- Flexibility to travel in the US for extended time periods and work with customers onsite.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computers Science or similar degree is required.
- Administration level experience with these tools: JIRA, Bamboo, Stash/Bitbucket, Sonarqube, Artifactory.
- Supported Atlassian Tools in an enterprise environment including investigation and remediation of performance and response time related issues.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of command line Git. (Also, prior experience with: Bitbucket/Stash or Github or Gitlab).
- Familiarity with SOAP/REST API's, Microservices and SOA(Service Oriented Architecture).
- Worked with an APM tool such as Dynatrace, Appdynamics, New Relic etc for monitoring the health of Atlassian and/or other JVM based tools.
- Experience working with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Azure etc.
Who We Are:
- Addteq offers end to end consulting ranging from cultural, process and technology side of DevOps. We at Addteq firmly believe that automation is essential for successful software releases. We center our products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. Addteq specializes in software configuration, build automation, infrastructure automation and release management. Clients depend on Addteq to provide Atlassian solutions, develop custom add-ons/integrations, conduct training, manage SDLC tools hosting, DevOps services etc. Locations include our Headquarters, Princeton, NJ with additional offices in Los Angeles - CA, Singapore and Pune & Bangalore - India.
- We celebrate everything from anniversaries to birthday parties, ping pong/dart games, beer and brag Fridays
- If you feel the same as we do about software automation, please join us!
Back to top