Salary: $125-140K (Based on experience) + Bonus + Equity
No sponsorship / Must live in the USA
Our client is seeking an energetic, collaborative person they can make a difference every day, tackle the toughest challenges, and have lots of fun doing the work you love.
- Act as a senior member of your sprint team.
- Run towards fires to help the team succeed, with enthusiasm for rapid change and delivering product quickly.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document new and existing components to ensure that software meets business, quality, and operational needs.
- Maintain and advance technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights. Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems.
- Understand overall technical requirements, priorities and success measures to deliver features within architectural guidelines.
- Collaborate with your sprint team, QA, and dev ops on technical issues and guidance. Participate in code reviews, TDD, and best practices.
- Focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and availability of all applications and processes. Aid in interpreting and translating business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates.
- Work with product owners, stakeholders, designers, principal engineers, managers, and customer success to understand customer needs, user experiences, provide insights and promote best practices.
- Create a track record of delivery, trust and collaboration, resolving conflicts and blockers with creative problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing scalable, customer facing web and software applications, ideally in the cloud infrastructure space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong hands-on experience working with Python, Ruby or other scripting languages, git repositories, and Agile/Scrum. Ideally, experience with Django, VueJS, MySQL, CentOS, and Docker as well.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and at least one modern backend framework.
- Strong practical experience building RESTful web services and microservices, using TDD.
- Bachelors, Masters, or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent experience will also be considered
- problem-solving and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Matching HSA contributions
- Matching 401k contributions
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Winter Break (between Christmas and New Year's)
- 10 Holidays
- Volunteer/Community Engagement Day
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Open Door Policy Approach at all levels
- Maternity Leave (up to 8 weeks of fully paid leave for recovering birth mothers)
- Baby-Bonding Leave (for any new parents)
- Equity Grants
- Monthly Cellphone & Home internet Reimbursement
- Contemporary & Inspiring Workspace
- Flexible Schedule & Work from Home Options