VMWare Systems Admin
Location: NY / JC Region
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Contract
SEEKING SYSTEMS ADMIN!!!
- Plans and manages the support of new infrastructure technologies and associated performance and reliability.
- Troubleshooting server, network, and storage problem events for timely resolution consistent with problem resolution response times
- Provide efficient and reliable storage allocation and defines backup, recovery, archival procedures. Develops and implements business continuity practices for storage management. Installs, configures, tests and implements storage management software and hardware. Monitors use and availability of storage resources.
- Maintain and modifiy backup and recovery procedures to meet high availability and mission critical business needs. Troubleshoots storage related issues and takes appropriate actions. Generates reports and analysis on storage usage. Maintains storage configurations to provide capacity planning and performance monitoring/tuning of systems.
- Benchmarks, evaluates and makes recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products. Possesses skills and knowledge related to network, operating systems, Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and tape backup solutions.
- Develops and implements standards, procedures, processes for the operations group. Oversees and coordinates the daily activities of the operations center working with any third party outsourced service providers and operations vendors.
- Provides concise and well written outage notification reports and user communication notices working with other technical staff and third party operations support vendors.
- Works under general direction of senior level management and is capable of working on multiple complex projects as a subject matter expert in networks, storage and server systems.
- Facilitates the development of operations policies for technology platforms and data-center services. Identifies and institutes best practises based on ITIL operations standards.
- Leads efforts in supporting project activities overseeing timely installation activities in support of project management teams.
- Responsible for the overall development, support and maintenance of the service performance management process. Creates and maintains a catalogue of operational run books ensuring the most current upkeep of as built drawings and technical information.
- Works to define the proper metrics and KPIs in evaluating service delivery quality & performance levels. Produces and presents reports on service delivery and achievement to stakeholders.
- Knowledge in: Active Directory 2008/ 20012, VM Ware 5.5, Sharepoint, Citrix, Cisco Nexus, Routing, Switching, MPLS Citrix Netscalers, EMC - VMAX, DMX4, VNXe, Microsoft Lync, Video conferencing technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and effective management in remediating operational issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Back to top