Vendor Management PM
A HireStrategy client is currently seeking an experienced certification professional to oversee the execution of their certification program. This person will establish and maintain relationships with vendors and business partners and manage all aspects of the program, including sales, marketing, product improvement, and budget. The Program Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work closely with the Chief Finance Officer. This person will have strong business development skills along with the ability to manage aggressive deadlines with an eye for details and follow through. Driving projects to completion with minimal guidance and the ability to anticipate needs and potential problems are important to this position.
- 7+ years' experience in program or project management and sales, and knowledge in running an accreditation or certification service, ideally targeting a technology audience.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to execute high-quality work in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure and be comfortable with data and data analysis.
- Savvy business sense and demonstrated experience in developing systems and programs designed to gauge success of product.
- Experience with simple systems work including the ability to develop the requirements and manage vendors for more complex systems task and demonstrated interest in systems integration will also be crucial to the success of a candidate.
- The ability to work collaboratively with diverse professionals, both inside and outside the organization as well as the ability to conduct outreach to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners and vendors are critical to this role, as are strong writing, oral communications, and listening skills.
- Interested applicants must possess and demonstrate a proactive, agile, self-starting, can-do attitude.
- Program manage all activities related to development, roll-out and support of Certification Program, including:
- Development of appropriate project plans using project management software to ensure all projects are delivered in time and on budget.
- Managing against plans and keeping all responsible parties up to date and accountable.
- Manage change in plans in consultation with leadership.
- Driving deliverables to deadline with internal and external resources.
- Vendor and business partner management.
- Problem solving and resolution on day-to-day issues.
- Developing, tracking and reporting on project budgets.
- Marketing and creative assistance.
- Evaluate and report on project outcome and success to all parties.
- Creative, out-of-box thinking to quickly and effectively perform broad scope of responsibilities.
Location: Washington, DC
Back to top